Syabas (Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor) was a water supply company responsible for water supply services in the state of Selangor, Malaysia.
In 2019, Syabas was taken over by Air Selangor (Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd), which now manages the water supply services in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, and Putrajaya.
Check Syabas bill online
Is Syabas and Air Selangor the same?
So, please do not get confused. Although they are not the same, Air Selangor is the successor to Syabas.
How can I know my Syabas account number?
To find your Syabas (now known as Air Selangor) account number, you can:
- Check your water bill: Your account number should be printed on your monthly water bill. Look for a series of numbers labeled as “No. Akaun” or “Account Number.”
- Register or log in to the Air Selangor e-Billing portal: Visit the Air Selangor e-Billing website (https://ebill.airselangor.com/) and register or log in to your account. Once logged in, you can view your account number and other account details.
- Contact Air Selangor customer service: If you cannot find your account number using the methods above, you can contact Air Selangor customer service at 15300 (within Malaysia) or +603-6091 5333 (from overseas). Provide them with your personal details, and they should be able to help you find your account number.
How to check Syabas bill details?
You can check your Syabas (now known as Air Selangor) bill details by following these steps:
- Visit the official Air Selangor website at https://www.airselangor.com
- Click on the “My Account“button on the top right corner of the homepage.
- If you have already registered, enter your email and password to log in. If you haven’t registered yet, click on “Sign Up“and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After logging in, click on “Billings & Payment“or “Bil & Pembayaran” at the bottom menu.
- You can now view your bill details, including the billing period, amount due, and due date.
Alternatively, you can also check your Air Selangor bill details through the Air Selangor mobile app, which is available on both the App Store and Google Play Store.
Once you have downloaded and installed the app, follow the same steps above to log in and view your bill details.
What happen if my Syabas has an outstanding bill?
In general, if you have an outstanding bill with Air Selangor, they may take actions such as suspending your services, charging late fees, or sending your account to collections.
It is important to contact the company and make arrangements to pay the outstanding bill as soon as possible to avoid any negative consequences.
How can I pay my Syabas bill?
To pay your Syabas (now known as Air Selangor) bill, you can use one of the following methods:
- Online payment: You can pay your bill online through the Air Selangor website (www.airselangor.com) or through your bank’s online banking platform.
- JomPAY: Pay your bill using JomPAY, a national bill payment scheme in Malaysia. You can find the JomPAY Biller Code and Reference Number on your Syabas bill.
- Mobile app: Download the Air Selangor mobile app on your smartphone and pay your bill through the app.
- Kiosk: Visit a nearby Air Selangor kiosk or customer service center and pay your bill using cash, credit card, or debit card.
- Bank branches: Pay your bill at selected bank branches that accept bill payments.
- Post office: Visit a nearby post office and pay your bill over the counter.
- Auto-debit: Set up an auto-debit arrangement with your bank to automatically pay your bill every month.
Remember to have your Syabas account number handy when making a payment.
Why is my Syabas bill so high?
There could be several reasons why your Syabas bill is high, such as:
- Increased usage: If you have been using more water or electricity than usual, your bill will be higher.
- Tariff rates: Syabas may have increased their tariff rates, resulting in a higher bill.
- Unpaid bills: If you have unpaid bills from previous months, they may have been added to your current bill, making it higher.
- Meter reading errors: If there is an error in your meter reading, it could result in a higher bill.
- Leaks or faulty appliances: If you have leaks or faulty appliances, they could be using more water or electricity, resulting in a higher bill.
It is best to contact Syabas customer service to inquire about your bill and to address any concerns or issues you may have.