MyCarInfo is an online platform for individuals seeking information regarding their vehicles in Malaysia. With MyCarInfo, you can check the market value of your vehicle, the No Claim Discount (NCD) or Bonus Malus, and vehicle insurance policies.
By accessing and logging into My Car Info, you get vehicle valuation and insurance information.
MyCarInfo Online Services
Here are some of the key services and features provided by MyCarInfo.
No Claim Discount (NCD) Inquiry
NCD enquiry can be done using the MyCarInfo portal. It facilitates online inquiries for checking the NCD rate by entering the vehicle’s plate number and the owner’s identity card number. NCD rate is important and affects your insurance premium. The higher your NCD rate, the lower your premium, which can result in significant savings.
Vehicle Market Value Assessment
MyCarInfo provides a Vehicle Market Value service that helps users ascertain the market value of their vehicles by filling in the vehicle’s details. This service is beneficial for insurance purposes and individuals planning to buy or sell vehicles.
Vehicle Search and Insurance Verification
Through MyCarInfo, users can select services such as Vehicle Market Value, NCD Inquiry, Vehicle Search, and Insurance Verification. Users must fill in the required information for insurance verification, including the car registration number, your name, and email.
Car Number Plate Check
MyCarInfo allows users to perform a car number plate check to obtain information regarding hit-and-run incidents. This is done by logging into the MyCarInfo account, clicking on the “Services” button, selecting “i-Search”, and choosing the “Comprehensive” plan.
Tracing Car Owner from Number Plate
The platform also aids in tracing car owners using the number plate. Users visit the official MyCarInfo portal, register or log in, and use the “i-Search” feature under the “Services” button to trace car owner information.
By accessing and logging into MyCarInfo, users can perform various online transactions related to their vehicles. While some basic information is accessible without registration, users are encouraged to register and purchase credits on MyCarInfo for a more comprehensive insight.
The official MyCarInfo portal can be accessed at https://www.mycarinfo.com.my. Through this portal, users can register, login and access various services that provide insights into their vehicle’s market value, NCD status, and more.
How to Log In to MyCarInfo
Logging into the MyCarInfo website is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to get started:
- Visit the official MyCarInfo website at www.mycarinfo.com.my.
- If you don’t have a My Car Info account, you’ll need to register first.
- Click ‘SIGN IN’ at the top section.
- Enter your ‘User name’ and ‘Password’.
- Log in to your MyCarInfo account using your username and password.
- Once logged in, navigate to the ‘Services’ section and select ‘i-Search’. You can go ahead and check vehicle or owner information here by entering the vehicle number in the provided box.
If you do not have a username and password to log in to MyCarInfo, you can register on the portal.
Registering on MyCarInfo
Basic information is accessible without registration. However, for a more comprehensive insight, we recommend registering and purchasing credits. Here’s how to register on MyCarInfo:
- Visit the MyCarInfo registration page at https://www.mycarinfo.com.my/Account/Register.
- Fill in the required details:
- Confirm email
- Password (Ensure your password has a minimum of 8 characters with a mix of uppercase, lowercase, special characters, and numbers)
- Confirm password
- Check the boxes for Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice.
- You’ll receive an email for user email verification. Open your email and click the given link.
Upon successful registration, you can access the system to check the No Claim Discount (NCD) and the car’s market value.
Evaluating Your Vehicle’s Market Value on MyCarInfo
Gaining an accurate market valuation of your vehicle via My Car Info is essential for staying updated with current prices. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to check your vehicle’s market value on My Car Info:
- Visit the MyCarInfo website at https://www.mycarinfo.com.my/.
- Select ‘Vehicle Market Value’.
- Choose the free plan and click GO.
- Select the Year, Make, and Model, Engine CC, Transmission, and Variant.
- Check the box ‘I’m Not A Robot’. Click GO.
- A new page displaying the result will appear. Click GET VALUATION.
- Read the terms & conditions, then click I AGREE.
- Vehicle description, market & valuation date will be displayed.
- For a more detailed valuation, you may register and make a credit payment to access a comprehensive plan.
Is MyCarInfo Owned by Insurance Services Malaysia Berhad (ISM)?
Yes, MyCarInfo is owned by Insurance Services Malaysia Berhad (ISM). The official ISM website states that MyCarInfo is available for the general public, providing information on vehicle valuation, insurance, and other related services.
The Importance of Checking Vehicle Market Value
Here are the importance of checking the market value of your car:
The market value of your vehicle influences the insurance premium amount. A higher market value means a higher insurance premium. Thus, checking your vehicle’s market value ensures you pay the right amount. Please check your insurance cover note in the NCD section to figure out your savings before you renew the insurance.
In the event of accidents or loss, the claim amount you’re eligible for is based on the current market value. Knowing this value helps you understand the redemption amount to expect from your insurance company.
Understanding your vehicle’s market value is part of sound financial management, aiding in making informed decisions regarding insurance purchases, and other matters like selling or upgrading your vehicle.
In Malaysia, having vehicle insurance is mandatory. Knowing your vehicle’s market value helps you comply with road regulations.
Being aware of your vehicle’s market value enhances your understanding of the ownership and operational costs, ultimately aiding in better financial decisions.
Enhancing Vehicle Value
Regularly checking the market value can also help in maintaining and improving your vehicle value through proper maintenance and necessary upgrades.
Fair Buying and Selling Transactions
If planning to buy or sell a vehicle, knowing the market value ensures the transaction is fair and reasonable.
Checking Your NCD (No Claim Discount) on MyCarInfo
No Claim Discount (NCD) directly impacts your insurance premiums. MyCarInfo facilitates easy NCD checks through the following steps:
- Navigate to the MyCarInfo website at https://www.mycarinfo.com.my/.
- Select ‘NCD Enquiry’.
- Click on ‘FIND OUT YOUR NCD ONLINE’.
- Enter the required details:
- Vehicle registration number
- Identification card number
- Check the box for ‘Yes, I have read and understood privacy notice’.
- Verify you’re not a robot, then click ‘GET MY NCD REPORT’.
- Your NCD result will be displayed.
The Significance of NCD Verification Before Insurance Renewal
Here are some benefit of NCD verification before insurance renewal:
Checking your NCD can significantly lower your insurance costs. A higher NCD will lead to lower premiums, allowing you to understand how much you can save.
Adjusting Insurance Coverage
Knowing your current NCD rate enables you to evaluate whether your insurance coverage is adequate or needs revising. You might want to increase or decrease your coverage based on your NCD rate.
If you have made claims, checking your NCD informs you when you’ll be eligible for NCD again for the following year. This crucial information can help you plan for the future and ensure you maximize the benefits from your insurance policy.
Accurate Pricing in Buying or Selling Vehicles
In cases of buying or selling vehicles, knowing the NCD value aids in determining the sale or purchase price more accurately.
Pricing Tiers for MyCarInfo Packages
MyCarInfo offers various packages depending on the type of report you need. Packages are priced at RM6, RM30, RM60, and RM120.
To make a purchase, registration through the My Car Info portal is required.
This overview of MyCarInfo provides information regarding online vehicle owner checking and car insurance price examination. You can also retrieve vehicle owner information through license plate numbers via mycarinfo.com.my.
This guide helps in informed decision-making concerning insurance renewals, NCD checks, and understanding the market value of your vehicle.