TNB Biller Code in JomPAY is a revolutionary feature offered by Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Malaysia’s leading electricity utility company. This service facilitates seamless bill payments through JomPAY, Malaysia’s online bill payment platform.
It represents a significant step towards digitalising and simplifying the payment process, ensuring greater convenience and efficiency for TNB’s customers.
What is TNB Biller Code in JomPAY?
The JomPAY Biller Code for Tenaga Nasional Berhad is 5454. This utility company accepts payments through both current and savings accounts as well as credit card accounts.
For payments made through current and savings accounts, the acceptable payment range is from RM 1.00 up to RM 1000000.00. For credit card accounts, the acceptable payment range is from RM 1.00 up to RM 5000.00.
You can use this Biller Code and your reference number to pay your electricity bill using the JomPAY service through your bank’s website or mobile app.
How do I pay my TNB bill with JomPAY Biller Code?
TNB (Tenaga Nasional Berhad) is Malaysia’s largest electricity utility company. You can pay your TNB bill through JomPAY, which is an online payment service available in Malaysia. Here are the steps to do it:
- Log in to your online banking or mobile banking app.
- Look for JomPAY option, usually under the “”Pay & Transfer“” or similar category.
- Click on ‘Add Favourite Payee‘ and select or search for JomPAY.
- You’ll be asked to enter a Biller Code and a Reference Number. For TNB, Biller Code is “5454”.
- Your Reference Number is your 12-digit TNB account number. You can find this on your TNB bill statement.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Confirm the details are correct: the Biller Code (5454 for TNB), Reference Number (your TNB account number), and the amount to be paid.
- You may receive a verification request through your phone or email, depending on your bank’s security measures.
- Once you have verified, the payment will be processed.
- Keep a screenshot or print out of the payment confirmation as proof of payment.
Remember, it is vital to ensure you have sufficient balance in your bank account to avoid any transaction failures.
What is Reference Number Ref-1 and Ref-2 on TNB JomPAY Biller Code?
When making a TNB payment through JomPAY, you’ll encounter Biller Code, Ref-1, and Ref-2.
- Biller Code: This is a specific code “5454” that identifies the particular biller (in this case, TNB) in the JomPAY system.
- Ref-1: For TNB, this is typically your 12-digit TNB account number. It’s used to identify your specific account with TNB.
- Ref-2: This field might not always be required. If it is, it might be used for additional identification information. For TNB, Ref-2 is typically not required, but if it is, you should refer to your TNB bill or contact TNB customer service to understand what specific information needs to be provided.
Please note that you should make sure to input these details accurately to ensure the payment is made correctly.
Which banks accept TNB payment using JomPAY Biller Code?
Generally, JomPAY is accepted by most major banks in Malaysia.
These often include, but are not limited to:
- CIMB Bank
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
- Hong Leong Bank
- Bank Islam
- Standard Chartered
I highly recommend checking with your specific bank to confirm whether they accept JomPAY Biller Code for TNB before proceeding with any transactions.