Malaysian has been voicing their opinion about the new BSNSecure feature from Bank Simpanan Nasional. Some like it, but most Malaysians do not have an idea what is it and how to use it. Fret not, we will share with you on how to register BSNSecure and how to use it.
You can just read more information about this new BSN Secure thing. But, could you make sure you activate BSNSecure to start authorising transactions?
What Is BSN Secure from Bank Simpanan Nasional
BSNSecure is an enhanced online security feature for myBSN Internet Banking.
- Function of BSNSecure: It allows users to authorize their myBSN Internet Banking transactions safely and seamlessly through a registered mobile device.
- Registration: Users must register and activate the BSNSecure application as their primary mode of authorization.
- Default Authorization Mode: Once activated, BSNSecure becomes the default method to approve all myBSN Internet Banking transactions.
- Replacement of SMS TAC: The BSNSecure application replaces the SMS TAC method, which will be discontinued as of July 1, 2023.
Switch from SMS TAC to BSNSecure for a safer and smoother transaction authorisation process on myBSN Internet Banking.
How to register BSNSecure?
For a quick BSN Secure registration, you can follow this guide:
- Download the App: You need to download the BSNSecure app first, based on your phone.
- If you use iPhone devices, click here.
- If you use Android devices, you can click here.
- If you use Huawei devices, you can search on AppGallery.
- Launch the App: After successfully downloading the BSN Secure application, tap on the “Register Now”button to begin the process.
- Enter Your myBSN Internet Banking Credentials: Simply input your myBSN Internet Banking Username and Password.
- Provide Your Device Details: Input your Device Name and ID number then click “Submit“to confirm.
- For example, Device Name/Phone Model could be iPhone 14 Pro, Galaxy S23 Ultra, Huawei P60 Pro, etc. and ID Number/Identification Card Number could be something like 850101035245.
- Validate with SMS OTP: Insert the SMS OTP you receive for validation and move on to the Activation process.
- Complete Registration and Activation: Once registration and activation are successful, an acknowledgement screen will appear on your BSN Secure Application.
BSNSecure is not required for which transaction?
There are several types of transactions that you can perform with BSN without requiring additional security using BSNSecure.
These include logging into your BSN internet banking account, viewing your account balance and transaction history, downloading e-statements, transferring money and making payments to your own accounts (including BSN credit cards and financing), and managing e-SSP savings.
BSNSecure is required for which transaction?
BSNSecure is a type of authentication required for various transactions. These transactions include updating the purchase limit, overseas transaction status, and online purchase status of a debit card. BSNSecure is also needed when reporting a lost or stolen card.
- BSNSecure is also required for adding new favourites, such as third-party accounts, DuitNow transfers, and JomPAY.
- It is also necessary for handling NAD (DuitNow) settings and other account maintenance activities.
- BSNSecure authentication is required for favorite transfers and payments and open transfers, such as DuitNow and third party account transfers.
- BSNSecure is also used for open payments, including JomPAY, Billers, Prepaid Top-up, U-Pin Purchase, third party credit card or financing, and FPX.
- BSNSecure is needed to set up recurring or standing instructions and manage account settings on myBSN. These account settings include updating profiles, security questions and answers, online images, transaction limits, and changing passwords.
- BSNSecure authentication is also required for future transfers and recurring third-party accounts, DuitNow transfers, and JomPAY.
- BSNSecure is also necessary for using the Safe Switch feature.
Which myBSN transaction still require SMS OTP / TAC?
The following transactions require authorisation via SMS OTP / TAC:
- A request or change in Credit Card PIN
- Registration for myBSN Internet Banking
- Registration or activation of a BSN Secure Device
- And in case you forget your password.
How to approve transaction using BSNSecure?
BSNSecure Secure Verification
To authorize myBSN Internet Banking transactions, a Push Notification alert will be sent to your registered mobile device. You must tap on the notification to either approve or deny the transaction within 60 seconds.
Note: By default, Secure Verification (Push Notification) will be the chosen method to approve all your myBSN Internet Banking transactions.
BSNSecure Secure TAC
If you do not receive a Secure Verification (Push Notification) due to connectivity issues, Secure TAC will enable you to authorize myBSN Internet Banking transactions.
A 6-digit Secure TAC number will be generated on the BSNSecure Application, which you can use to authorise certain transactions made through myBSN Internet Banking.
Note: The number will show and refresh every 60 seconds.
What are the benefit of BSNSecure?
Here are some list of benefit of using BSNSecure:
- Simplified Transaction Authorization: BSNSecure offers an easier and safer way to authorize myBSN transactions, providing you with a hassle-free banking experience.
- Device-based Authentication: This feature allows authentication through customer registered devices, ensuring your transactions are secured and personalized to you.
- Protection Against Fraud: With BSNSecure, you can avoid being exposed to SMS TAC fraud. This adds an extra layer of protection to your banking activities.
- No Waiting Time: You no longer need to wait for SMS TAC to authorize your myBSN transactions, making your banking experience faster and more efficient.