EA form is important for filing taxes, as it contains detailed information about your income, deductions, and benefits obtained during a fiscal year.
Regardless of whether you’ve switched jobs or left your job, you are entitled to this form. Understanding his process can often be confusing and challenging, but we’re here to make it easier.
How to get EA Form from previous employer?
Here are some ways to get EA form from your ex-company:
- Contact Your Previous Employer: Reach out to your previous employer via email or telephone. It is best to contact the Human Resources department as they are typically in charge of such matters.
- Request for EA Form: Politely request for your EA Form. You should provide them with necessary details such as your full name, employee ID (if any), and the period you worked there.
- Follow Up: If you do not receive a response within a reasonable timeframe, you should follow up with them.
- Collect the EA Form: Some employers may send you the form via email or post, while others may require you to collect it in person. Make sure to clarify how you will receive the form.
Remember, it is your right as an employee to receive your EA form. If you encounter any difficulties, you can seek advice from your local labor department or employment bureau.
Note: An EA Form is a document required by the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) in Malaysia. It includes details about an employee’s earnings and deductions for the year.
How do I get my old EA form from LHDN?
You can request your old EA form from your current or previous employer as it is their responsibility to provide it.
The EA form is given by employers to their employees to detail their earnings and deductions for the year.
However, if you are unable to obtain it from your employer, you can contact LHDN (Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri), also known as the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia, directly.
You may reach out to them through the following ways:
- Visit the nearest LHDN branch.
- Call their Care Line at +603-8911 1000 or +603-8911 1100 (Overseas).
- Send an email to [email protected]
Remember to provide necessary details such as your full name, IC number, and the specific year of the EA form you are requesting.
Please note that LHDN may not have a copy of your EA form, as it is not a requirement for employers to submit this form to them, they only submit the tax computation (Form E). If LHDN does not have your EA form, you will need to persist with your employer.
If your employer has failed to provide the EA form, they can be fined or imprisoned as it is an offence under the Malaysian Income Tax Act 1967.
What happens if I don’t have EA form?
If you don’t have your EA form, it can lead to difficulties when filing your income tax return. The EA form is a statement of earnings from your employer that details your income, EPF, SOCSO and other deductions.
With it, you may have accurate information to file your taxes correctly. If you cannot obtain your EA form from your employer, you may need to rely on your own records, payslips or bank statements for the needed information. Incorrect or incomplete tax filings can result in penalties from your tax authority.
It’s always best to request for your EA form from your employer.
How can I check my previous e-filing Malaysia?
To check your previous e-filing in Malaysia, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (LHDN)
- Click on the e-filing option in the menu.
- You will be redirected to the e-filing portal. You need to log in using your username and password.
- After logging in, you will find options to view your previous e-filing.
- Click on the relevant links to view the details of your previous e-filing.
Please note that you should have a registered account on the LHDN website to access this service. If you don’t remember your login details, you may need to contact their customer service for help.
What is the use of EA form?
The EA form is used in Malaysia for income tax purposes. It is given by employers to their employees to show the amount of income they have earned and the amount of income tax that has been deducted in a year.
This form is used by employees to file their personal income tax.