In Malaysia, the Social Security Organization (SOCSO), or Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO), is a government agency responsible for providing social security protection to employees. All working Malaysians need a SOCSO number, as this ensures they receive necessary benefits, such as employment injury, invalidity, and survivor’s pension.
There may be instances where you need to check your SOCSO number, especially if you are a new employee or need help finding your SOCSO card. Hence, we will show you on how to check your SOCSO number using your Identification Card (IC) number.
Check SOCSO number with IC
How do I check my SOCSO number with IC online?
You cannot directly check your SOCSO number (Social Security Organization number) using your IC (Identity Card) number online. To find your SOCSO number, you can do the following:
- Check your pay slip: Your employer usually includes your SOCSO number on your pay slip.
- Contact your employer’s HR department: Your employer’s Human Resources department should have this information on file.
- Visit a local SOCSO office: You can go to a nearby SOCSO office and provide your IC number to the staff. They will help you retrieve your SOCSO number. Remember to bring your IC with you.
- Call the SOCSO hotline: You can call the SOCSO hotline at 1-300-22-8000 (if you’re in Malaysia) and provide your IC number to the support staff. They will help you find your SOCSO number.
Please note that disclosing sensitive personal information like your IC number online is not recommended for security reasons.
Is SOCSO number your IC number?
Yes, the SOCSO number is your IC number. SOCSO number refers to the Social Security Organization (SOCSO) number in Malaysia, which is a unique identification number for employees and employers registered under the SOCSO Act.
Recently, SOCSO used IC number as its number, which is a unique identification number given to Malaysian citizens and permanent residents.
Where can I check my SOCSO contribution?
You can check your SOCSO (Social Security Organization) contribution in Malaysia through the following methods:
- ASSIST Portal: Visit the official ASSIST Portal website (https://assist.iperkeso.my/) and log in to your account to view your SOCSO contributions. If you are a first-time user, you need to register for an account.
- SOCSO Mobile App: Download the “MySOCSO” mobile app, available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Log in to your account and check your contributions. If you are a first-time user, register for an account.
- Visit SOCSO Office: You can also visit your nearest SOCSO office to inquire about your contributions. Bring your identification card (IC) and SOCSO number for verification purposes.
- Contact SOCSO Hotline: Call the SOCSO Hotline at 1-300-22-8000 for any inquiries regarding your contributions. Be prepared to provide your identification card (IC) number and SOCSO number for verification purposes.
How to check SOCSO statement?
In Malaysia, you can check your SOCSO (Social Security Organization) statement online by following these steps:
- Go to the official SOCSO website: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/
- Click on “Assist Portal” from the top menu.
- Click on “iPERKESO” on the right side of the page.
- If you are a first-time user, you need to register for an iPERKESO account. Click on “Register” and fill in the required information, such as your IC number, email address, and password. Then, click “Submit.” You will receive a confirmation email to activate your account.
- If you already have an account, enter your email address and password, and click “Login.”
- Once you have logged in successfully, you can access your SOCSO statement by clicking on “MySOCSO” on the dashboard.
- Under “MySOCSO,” you can view your personal details, contribution history, and claim information.
- To download or print your statement, click on the “Download” or “Print” button.
Remember to log out of your account after you finish reviewing your statement.
Note: If you face any issues or need further assistance, you can contact the SOCSO customer service hotline at 1-300-22-8000 or email them at [email protected].
Is EPF and SOCSO different?
Yes, EPF (Employees Provident Fund) and SOCSO (Social Security Organization) are different in Malaysia.
EPF is a mandatory savings and retirement plan for employees in Malaysia, where both employees and employers contribute a percentage of the employee’s salary to the fund. The purpose of the EPF is to provide financial security and retirement benefits to its members.
On the other hand, SOCSO is a social insurance program that provides financial assistance and support to employees and their families in the event of work-related accidents, occupational diseases, invalidity, or death. It covers medical expenses, temporary and permanent disability benefits, and survivor benefits.
Both EPF and SOCSO are compulsory for Malaysian employees, with each serving different purposes and providing distinct benefits.