The Employee Provident Fund (EPF) number is a unique identification number assigned to every registered member of the EPF scheme in Malaysia. It is important because it is used for all transactions and correspondence related to an individual’s EPF account.
It allows members to track their contributions and withdrawals and monitor the status of their EPF account online. Lastly, it proves an individual’s membership in the EPF scheme, which is crucial for accessing benefits such as retirement savings, housing loans, and medical assistance.
Forgot EPF number
What happen if I forgot my EPF number?
Forgetting or losing your EPF number can pose significant risks. You may be unable to check your EPF balance, make transactions, or access your EPF benefits.
In case of a dispute or issue with your EPF account, not having your EPF number could make it difficult to resolve the problem. It’s also a risk for identity theft if your EPF number falls into the wrong hands. Therefore, it’s crucial to keep your EPF number safe and to remember it.
What to do if I forgot my EPF number?
If you have forgotten your EPF (Employees Provident Fund) number, you can retrieve it online using the i-Akaun portal by following these steps:
- Visit the KWSP website: https://secure.kwsp.gov.my/member/member/login
- Click Forgot User ID/Password?
- You will be redirected to a new page here: https://secure.kwsp.gov.my/member/member/forgot?0
- To proceed, we will need you to provide some critical information. Please input either your NRIC No. or EPF No.
- EPF require your registered mobile number. You can input this number in the field marked as Mobile No.
- Lastly, you will need a TAC.
- You can request this by clicking on Request TAC.
- Please be aware that before you can request a TAC, you must have pre-registered your mobile number at any EPF Kiosk or Counter.
- Follow the instructions until completion.
Please remember that your EPF number is important and you should keep it safe and confidential.
Where can I find my EPF number if I do not have access to i-Akaun?
If you cannot access i-Akaun, you can find your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) number using the following method:
- Find your EPF number on your salary slip. It is usually mentioned under the ‘Employee Details’ or ‘Salary Details’ section.
- You can also ask your Human Resources or Accounts department for your EPF number.
- You can call the EPF Contact Management Centre (03-89226000) or visit any nearby EPF Kiosks.
- You can also visit the nearest EPF office along with your Identity Card (IC). After verification, they will provide you with your EPF number.
Remember, it’s important to keep your EPF number safe as it is required for various services such as checking your EPF balance, making withdrawals, etc.
Is EPF number same as KWSP number? in the context of malaysia
Yes, EPF number is the same as KWSP number in the context of Malaysia.
EPF stands for Employees Provident Fund and KWSP is the Malay acronym for Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja which translates to Employees Provident Fund.
Both refer to the mandatory savings plan and retirement planning for private sector workers in Malaysia.