Flight attendants in Malaysia are responsible for ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers during flights. They are trained to handle emergency situations, provide first aid, and assist passengers with their needs.
In addition to safety, Flight Attendants which also called Cabin Crew or Air Hostess also provide customer service by serving food and drinks, answering questions, and helping passengers with their luggage. They must be able to communicate effectively in English and Malay, and have a friendly and professional demeanor.
Career as Flight Attendant in Malaysia
How much does a Flight Attendant make in Malaysia per month?
The salary of a flight attendant in Malaysia can vary depending on the airline and the individual’s experience.
On average, a flight attendant in Malaysia can earn between MYR 2,000 to MYR 6,000 per month.
This amount may increase with additional allowances, benefits, and overtime pay.
Is Flight Attendant in high demand in Malaysia?
Yes, flight attendant jobs are generally in high demand in Malaysia, as the country has a growing aviation industry with several airlines operating both domestic and international flights. H
owever, the demand for flight attendants may fluctuate depending on various factors such as economic conditions, airline expansions, and global events like the COVID-19 pandemic, which has significantly impacted the aviation industry worldwide.
Is Flight Attendant a good career in Malaysia?
Being a flight attendant can be a good career in Malaysia as it offers opportunities for travel, exposure to different cultures, and a chance to meet new people.
Additionally, the aviation industry in Malaysia is growing, which means there is a demand for flight attendants.like any career, it has its challenges, such as irregular working hours and dealing with difficult passengers.
It depends on an individual’s interests, skills, and career goals.
What kind of companies hire Flight Attendant in Malaysia?
Various types of companies hire flight attendants in Malaysia, including:
- Airlines: Airlines like Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, Batik Air, and Firefly hire flight attendants for their onboard services.
- Private Jet Companies: Private jet companies operating in Malaysia, such as ExecuJet and Jet Aviation, employ flight attendants to cater to the needs of their high-end clientele.
- Charter Airlines: Charter airlines like Berjaya Air and Sabah Air also hire flight attendants to provide services on their chartered flights.
- Aviation Training Centers: Companies that provide aviation training, such as Malaysia Aviation Group (MAG) Academy, may hire flight attendants as trainers or instructors.
- Aviation Services Providers: Companies that offer aviation services, such as ground handling services, may employ flight attendants for tasks like cabin cleaning or passenger assistance.
- Airport Operators: Airport operators like Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) may hire flight attendants for roles related to customer service or passenger handling at the airport.
- Event Management Companies: Event management companies that organize aviation-related events, airshows, or exhibitions may hire flight attendants to assist with event logistics and coordination.
- Hospitality Industry: Luxury hotels, resorts, and hospitality companies often employ flight attendants for positions like guest relations or concierge, leveraging their customer service skills.
- Travel Agencies: Some travel agencies may hire flight attendants to assist with travel planning, ticketing, or customer support for clients.
- Cruise Lines: Although not directly related to aviation, some cruise lines may hire flight attendants for their onboard services, as the roles require similar skills in customer service and hospitality.
It’s important to note that the availability of flight attendant positions may vary depending on the demand and hiring policies of each company.
What other jobs can Flight Attendant do?
There are often many transferable skills as Flight Attendant that can be utilised in other industries.
If you’re wondering what other jobs you can do with experience as a Flight Attendant, consider exploring the following alternatives:
1. Cruise Ship Attendant
2. Train Attendant
3. Hotel Concierge
4. Tour Guide
5. Event Planner
6. Customer Service Representative
7. Travel Agent
8. Airline Customer Service Agent
9. Airport Ground Crew
10. Hospitality Manager
What are the skills required for Flight Attendant?
To be a successful Flight Attendant, you need to possess a variety of skills.
Here are some of the most important skills for a Flight Attendant:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Multitasking abilities
4. Problem-solving skills
5. Attention to detail
6. Ability to remain calm under pressure
7. First aid and emergency response training
8. Language proficiency (depending on the airline)
9. Cultural sensitivity and awareness
10. Teamwork and collaboration skills.
By developing these skills, you can position yourself for success as Flight Attendant and make valuable contributions to your organization.
How can I become a Flight Attendant in Malaysia?
To become a flight attendant in Malaysia, you can follow these steps:
- Research the requirements: Understand the qualifications and requirements set by different airlines in Malaysia. Each airline may have its own specific criteria for hiring flight attendants.
- Meet the basic requirements: Generally, flight attendant applicants in Malaysia should fulfill the following criteria:
- Malaysian citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum age of 18 to 20 years (varies by airline)
- Minimum height requirement (usually around 157-160 cm)
- Proficient in English and Malay (additional languages may be an advantage)
- Good personal grooming and communication skills
- Physically fit with good eyesight and no visible tattoos
- Education and language skills: Having a high school diploma or equivalent is usually required. Fluency in English is crucial, so consider improving your language skills if needed.
- Attend an airline’s recruitment drive: Keep an eye out for recruitment drives by airlines in Malaysia. These are usually advertised on their official websites or social media platforms. Attend the recruitment events to learn more about the selection process and the requirements specific to each airline.
- Prepare a resume and cover letter: Create a professional resume that highlights your relevant skills, education, language proficiency, and any customer service experience you may have. Include a cover letter expressing your interest in the position.
- Attend interviews and assessments: If you are shortlisted, you will be called for interviews and assessments. These may include group discussions, role-playing scenarios, and personal interviews. Be prepared to showcase your communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and teamwork.
- Pass medical examinations: Successful candidates will usually be required to pass medical examinations to ensure they are physically fit to work as flight attendants.
- Training: Upon being hired by an airline, you will undergo a rigorous training program that covers safety procedures, emergency protocols, customer service, and more. This training is essential to become a certified flight attendant.
It is important to note that the hiring process and requirements may vary from one airline to another. Therefore, it is advisable to visit the official websites of the Malaysian airlines you are interested in to learn more about their specific hiring processes.
This guide is provided as-is and may not represent the most up-to-date information or requirements to become Flight Attendant.
It’s always recommended to seek advice from experts in the field and refer to reputable sources for the latest information.
We do not take any responsibility for any damages or decisions made based on the information provided in this guide.