A Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia is a customer service representative who works in a call center or contact center. They are responsible for handling customer inquiries, complaints, and providing support through various communication channels such as phone, email, chat, and social media.
Contact Centre Agents must possess excellent communication skills, be able to multitask, and have a good understanding of the products or services they are supporting. They must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle difficult customers with patience and professionalism.
How much does a Contact Centre Agent make in Malaysia per month?
The salary of a Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and the company they work for.
On average, a Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia can expect to earn around RM 2,000 to RM 3,500 per month.
This amount may be higher for those with more experience or working for larger companies.
Is Contact Centre Agent in high demand in Malaysia?
Yes, Contact Centre Agents are in high demand in Malaysia.
With the growth of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) or Call Centre Outsourcing industry in Malaysia, and the increasing number of multinational companies setting up their shared services and contact centers in Malaysia, there is a continuous demand for skilled Contact Centre Agents.
Additionally, the rise of e-commerce and digital services has also contributed to the demand for customer service professionals in the country.
Is Contact Centre Agent a good career in Malaysia?
Being a contact centre agent can be a good career in Malaysia as it is a growing industry with many job opportunities.
Contact centres are essential for businesses to provide customer service and support, and there is a high demand for skilled agents who can handle customer inquiries and resolve issues efficiently.
Contact centre agents can gain valuable skills in communication, problem-solving, and teamwork, which can also be useful in other industries.
The salary for contact centre agents in Malaysia can also be competitive, with career advancement and growth opportunities.
What kind of companies hire Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia?
If you’re wondering what kind of top companies hire Contact Centre Agent, here are some examples to consider:
1. Customer service companies
2. Telecommunications companies
3. E-commerce companies
4. Financial services companies
5. Healthcare companies
6. Travel and hospitality companies
7. Retail companies
8. Technology companies
9. Energy and utilities companies
10. Government agencies and departments
What other jobs can Contact Centre Agent do?
There are often many transferable skills as Contact Centre Agent that can be utilised in other industries.
If you’re wondering what other jobs you can do with experience as a Contact Centre Agent, consider exploring the following alternatives:
1. Customer Service Representative
2. Call Center Representative
3. Help Desk Support
4. Technical Support Specialist
5. Sales Representative
7. Customer Support Specialist
8. Client Services Coordinator
9. Account Manager
10. Inside Sales Representative
What are the skills required for Contact Centre Agent?
To be a successful Contact Centre Agent, you need to possess a variety of skills.
Here are some of the most important skills for a Contact Centre Agent:
1. Excellent communication skills: Contact centre agents must be able to communicate effectively with customers over the phone, email, or chat.
2. Active listening: They must be able to listen to customers’ concerns and needs and provide appropriate solutions.
3. Problem-solving skills: They must be able to identify and resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
4. Multitasking: They must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, such as answering calls, responding to emails, and updating customer records.
5. Patience: They must be patient and calm when dealing with difficult or irate customers.
6. Empathy: They must be able to understand and relate to customers’ concerns and emotions.
7. Time management: They must be able to manage their time effectively to meet customer needs and service level agreements.
8. Attention to detail: They must be detail-oriented and accurate when recording customer information and resolving issues.
9. Technical skills: They must be proficient in using computer systems, software, and other tools required for their job.
10. Teamwork: They must be able to work collaboratively with other agents and departments to provide excellent customer service.
By developing these skills, you can position yourself for success as Contact Centre Agent and make valuable contributions to your organization.
How can I become a Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia?
Becoming a Contact Centre Agent requires a combination of education, experience, and skills.
To become a Contact Centre Agent in Malaysia, you can follow these steps:
1. Obtain the necessary education and skills: Most Contact Centre Agent positions require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. However, having a degree or diploma in a related field such as business, communication, or customer service can be an added advantage. You should also have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be proficient in using computers and other office equipment.
2. Gain relevant work experience: While some Contact Centre Agent positions may not require prior work experience, having experience in customer service, sales, or telemarketing can be an added advantage. You can gain this experience by working in a related field or by taking up internships or part-time jobs.
3. Look for job openings: You can search for Contact Centre Agent job openings on job portals, company websites, or through recruitment agencies. You can also attend job fairs or networking events to meet potential employers.
4. Apply for the job: Once you find a suitable job opening, you can apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. Make sure to highlight your relevant skills and experience in your application.
5. Attend interviews: If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview. Prepare for the interview by researching the company and the job role, and practice answering common interview questions.
6. Get hired: If you are successful in the interview, you will be offered the job. Make sure to read and understand the terms and conditions of the job offer before accepting it.
7. Complete training: Most Contact Centre Agent positions require you to undergo training before starting work. This training will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform your job effectively.
8. Start work: Once you complete your training, you can start working as a Contact Centre Agent. Make sure to follow the company’s policies and procedures, and provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
By following these steps and continually honing your skills, you can become a successful Contact Centre Agent and make a meaningful impact in the field.
This guide is provided as-is and may not represent the most up-to-date information or requirements to become Contact Centre Agent.
It’s always recommended to seek advice from experts in the field and refer to reputable sources for the latest information.
We do not take any responsibility for any damages or decisions made based on the information provided in this guide.