What is the meaning of sumac in Malay?
In Malay, sumac is called “sumac” or “pokok sumac” (which means sumac tree).
The word doesn’t have a specific meaning in the Malay language, as it is a type of plant native to other regions and not commonly found in Malaysia.
How do I use the word ‘sumac’ in Bahasa Melayu?
Here are some ‘contoh ayat’ that you can use:
- Sumac dikenali sebagai “sumac” atau “pokok sumac” dalam Bahasa Melayu, tetapi ia bukanlah tumbuhan yang biasa dijumpai di Malaysia.
- Pokok sumac, atau lebih dikenali sebagai “sumac” dalam Bahasa Melayu, adalah sejenis tumbuhan yang tidak asing lagi di kawasan lain, tetapi kurang dikenali di Malaysia.
- Walaupun tidak biasa di Malaysia, sumac atau pokok sumac tetap dikenali dalam Bahasa Melayu sebagai satu jenis tumbuhan yang mempunyai kegunaan dan khasiat tertentu.
What is the definition of ‘sumac’ in English?
Sumac is a spice that is commonly used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. It is made from the dried and ground berries of the sumac plant, which is native to the Middle East and parts of Africa.
The berries are typically harvested in the fall and then dried in the sun before being ground into a fine powder.
Sumac has a tangy, lemony flavor that is often used to add a sour note to dishes. It is commonly used as a seasoning for meats, vegetables, and salads, and is also used to flavor dips and sauces. In addition to its culinary uses, sumac has also been used for medicinal purposes in traditional medicine.
Sumac is a rich source of antioxidants and has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. It is also high in vitamin C and has been used to treat a variety of ailments, including digestive issues, respiratory problems, and skin conditions.
Overall, sumac is a versatile and flavorful spice that adds a unique twist to many dishes. Its health benefits and traditional uses make it a valuable addition to any kitchen.
How do I pronounce the word sumac in British English?
The word “sumac” is pronounced “SOO-mak” in British English.
How do I use ‘sumac’ in a sentence in English?
Here are some examples that you can use ‘sumac’ in a sentence:
1. The sumac tree in my backyard turns a beautiful shade of red in the fall.
2. Sumac is a popular spice used in Middle Eastern cuisine.
3. The tangy flavor of sumac adds a unique twist to salads and marinades.
4. Sumac is also used in traditional medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties.
5. The sumac bushes along the hiking trail were a vibrant contrast to the greenery.
What are the related terms of ‘sumac’?
Here are other terms or similar words for ‘sumac’:
2. Middle Eastern cuisine
3. Tangy flavor
4. Mediterranean herb
5. Za’atar seasoning
7. Salad dressing
9. Dried fruit
10. Antioxidant properties