SMPK (Sistem Maklumat Prasekolah Kebangsaan) refers to the National Preschool Information System in Malaysia, developed by the Ministry of Education Malaysia (Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia).
SMPK is developed to collect information from various pre-school institutions across Malaysia , including both public and private preschools to assist KPM in monitoring and evaluating preschool education nationwide. Through SMPK, user can log in to access or update information related to preschool education.
Sistem Maklumat Prasekolah Kebangsaan (SMPK)
How to login SMPK?
To login to the SMPK system on smpk.moe.gov.my, follow these steps:
- Go to the official SMPK website by entering the URL https://smpk.moe.gov.my in your web browser.
- Once on the page, locate the login section where you’ll need to enter your user ID and password.
- Enter your user ID in the field labeled ‘ID Pengguna‘ or equivalent.
- Enter your password in the field labeled ‘Katalaluan‘ or equivalent.
- After entering your credentials, click on the login button or the arrow pointing to the right to log in.
Make sure to have your login credentials ready. If you are logging in for the first time or don’t have login credentials, you may need to contact the relevant administrative personnel or check any accompanying documentation provided to you for the login credentials or further instructions. After logging in to the system, you can access according to the given user roles with specific function.
Who can use SMPK?
Only certain individuals or organisations have access to the system, which is aligns with the typical structure of educational data management systems that involves various levels of educational authorities and institutions. These are list of who can use and access SMPK (Sistem Maklumat Prasekolah Kebangsaan):
Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia (KPM)
The Ministry of Education Malaysia would have access to the system to oversee, manage, and make informed decisions regarding preschool education across the country.
Jabaran Pelajaran Negeri (JPN)
The State Education Departments would use the system to manage and monitor preschool education within their respective states, ensuring compliance with national standards and policies.
Pejabat Pelajaran Daerah (PPD)
District Education Offices would use the system to manage and coordinate preschool education at the district level, ensuring the implementation of educational policies and standards.
Individual institutions, like preschools e.g tadika KEMAS would use the system to update and manage their data, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is available for educational authorities.
These organisations collaborate through the SMPK system to ensure a coherent and organised management of preschool education, facilitating communication and data exchange among different levels of the educational hierarchy.
However, do not confuse with SMPK in the context of preschool and vocational because it has many differences.
SMPK Prasekolah vs SMPK Vokasional
SMPK Prasekolah and SMPK Vokasional serve different purposes within the Malaysian education system. Here are the differences between the two:
- Educational Level:
- SMPK Prasekolah: This platform is focused on preschool education. It’s an integrated information system at the national level aimed at ensuring centralized and accurate data access at all levels of preschool education. It’s a part of the efforts by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to streamline preschool education and ensure that all preschools follow set guidelines for the safety and requirements of children.
- SMPK Vokasional: This refers to vocational education at the secondary school level, specifically for students with special needs. This special needs school aims to provide vocational and skill training to students with hearing, vision, and learning difficulties. This enables these students to have better opportunities through specialized education and training in vocational and skill areas.
- Target Audience:
- SMPK Prasekolah: The target audience is preschool students, their parents, and preschool educators.
- SMPK Vokasional: The target audience is secondary school students with special needs, and the educational staff working with these students.
- SMPK Prasekolah: The primary objective is to centralize data access and management across preschools to ensure adherence to set guidelines and standards for preschool education.
- SMPK Vokasional: The objective is to provide specialized vocational education and training to students with special needs, helping them acquire necessary skills for better future opportunities.
- Operational Institutions:
- SMPK Prasekolah: This platform is used by both public and private preschools across Malaysia.
- SMPK Vokasional: The term is associated with specific institutions like Sekolah Menengah Pendidikan Khas Vokasional Indahpura that operate under the purview of the Ministry of Education Malaysia, providing vocational education to special needs students.
These differences highlight the roles of SMPK Prasekolah and SMPK Vokasional in the diverse educational needs within Malaysia. Between these two, SMPK KEMAS is widely used across the country.
KEMAS (Jabatan Kemajuan Masyarakat) is the Department of Community Development under the Ministry of Rural Development and Regions in Malaysia, which operates early childhood education programs. These programs are divided into two categories which is Taman Asuhan Kanak-Kanak (TASKA) for children aged 2-4 and Taman Bimbingan Kanak-kanak (TABIKA) for children aged 4-6. Both TASKA and TABIKA use SMPK KEMAS to manage student information.
The SMPK system acts as a significant database collecting information for preschool students, whether in KEMAS preschools, Genius Perpaduan, or private preschools, for the previous year, the current year, and the upcoming year.
This is part of an effort by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to facilitate a more systematic management of preschool education, ensuring all preschools in Malaysia follow set guidelines for the safety and requirements of the children.