Digital identity or online identity refers to the persona of an individual, organisation, or entity as it is represented and perceived on the internet or other digital platforms. This identity has a variety of attributes and data, including, but not limited to, usernames, passwords, digital certificates, biometric data, and personal profiles. The Sarawak government uses this technology by introducing SarawakID.
SarawakID is a unified online identity system to facilitate more accessible and more secure access to digital services provided by the Sarawak Government. It acts as a digital identity platform the Sarawak Government provides to streamline access to its online services.
How to Login SarawakID?
To log in to your SarawakID account, follow these steps:
- Go to the SarawakID login page.
- There will be a section where you can enter your login credentials. Usually, this would be your SarawakID and the associated password.
- Enter your SarawakID (often your MyKad number) in the designated field.
- Enter your password in the designated field.
- Click on the “Login” button.
If you are logging in to a SarawakID Corporate Account, the steps are a bit more detailed:
- Go to the login page and click on the “Login” button.
- Enter your Login ID and click the “Next” button.
- A secret image and word will be shown. Click the “YES” button to proceed if the secret image and word are correct.
- Select “My Corporate Account” to proceed.
- Enter the corporate email and click the “NEXT” button.
- Enter your password and click the “NEXT” button.
- Click on the “REQUEST OTP” (One-Time Password) button, and an OTP will be sent to the registered email address.
- Enter the OTP and click the “NEXT” button to proceed.
- Upon successful login, the corporate profile page will be displayed.
These steps should help you access your SarawakID account, whether it’s a personal or corporate account.
Single Online Identity
SarawakID acts as a single online identity, allowing users to access various Sarawak Government digital services through one account.
By having a SarawakID, individuals can instantly access multiple online services without the need to re-register or re-login for different services.
Users can register for a SarawakID account as either Malaysian or Non-Malaysian. If a user already has a SarawakID account but it’s not verified, they can verify it through specified channels including at a Service Sarawak Counter.
At the time one of writing, SarawakID had 801,000 users, indicating a substantial adoption rate among individuals needing to access Sarawak Government digital services.
This initiative aligns with the broader trend of governments and organizations streamlining digital identity management to simplify and secure the user experience when interacting with online services.
Use SarawakID Digital Identity for Secure Communication
Utilising SarawakID Digital Identity is a strategic move towards ensuring secure and streamlined communication within the Sarawak Government’s digital platforms. SarawakID serves as a centralised digital identity, reducing the hassle of managing multiple login credentials while enhancing the security framework. By having a singular point of identity verification, SarawakID minimises the risk of unauthorised access. Hence, it promotes a more secure communication environment.
The simplicity and ease of use that SarawakID encourage a seamless interaction with the government’s digital services. It fosters a trustful and efficient communication channel between the citizens and the government. Through SarawakID, the Sarawak Government demonstrates a forward-thinking approach to leveraging digital identity for secure and effective communication.