What is the meaning of purslane in Malay?
The meaning of purslane in Malay is “gelang pasir” or “pegaga gajah.” It is a type of edible plant with succulent leaves, often used in salads and traditional medicine.
How do I use the word ‘purslane’ in Bahasa Melayu?
Here are some ‘contoh ayat’ that you can use:
1. Gelang pasir atau pegaga gajah adalah sejenis tumbuhan yang boleh dimakan dengan daun berair, sering digunakan dalam salad dan perubatan tradisional.
2. Tumbuhan yang dikenali sebagai gelang pasir atau pegaga gajah mempunyai daun yang lembut dan boleh dimakan, biasanya digunakan dalam hidangan salad dan ubatan tradisional.
3. Dalam bahasa Melayu, gelang pasir atau pegaga gajah merujuk kepada sejenis tumbuhan yang mempunyai daun berair dan boleh dimakan, sering digunakan dalam masakan dan perubatan tradisional.
What is the definition of ‘purslane’ in English?
Purslane is a leafy green plant that is commonly found in many parts of the world. It is known for its succulent leaves and stems, which are slightly sour and have a slightly crunchy texture.
Purslane is often used in salads, soups, and stews, and is also used as a medicinal herb in some cultures.
Purslane is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health and brain function.
Purslane has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including digestive issues, skin problems, and respiratory infections.
In addition to its nutritional and medicinal benefits, purslane is also a popular plant for gardeners. It is easy to grow and can be grown in a variety of soil types and climates. Purslane is also a natural ground cover, which makes it a great choice for landscaping and erosion control.
Overall, purslane is a versatile and nutritious plant that has been used for centuries for its health benefits and culinary uses. Whether you are looking to add more greens to your diet or want to try your hand at gardening, purslane is definitely worth considering.
How do I pronounce the word purslane in British English?
The word “purslane” is pronounced as “PUR-slayn” in British English.
How do I use ‘purslane’ in a sentence in English?
Here are some examples that you can use ‘purslane’ in a sentence:
1. I love adding purslane to my salads for a fresh and tangy flavor.
2. The purslane plant is known for its high nutritional value and medicinal properties.
3. The farmer’s market had a beautiful bunch of purslane that I couldn’t resist buying.
4. Purslane is a common weed in many gardens, but it can also be a delicious and healthy addition to your meals.
5. I recently learned that purslane is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health.
What are the related terms of ‘purslane’?
Here are other terms or similar words for ‘purslane’:
1. Edible weeds
2. Succulent plants
3. Omega-3 fatty acids
4. Culinary herbs
5. Wild greens
6. Medicinal plants
7. Portulaca oleracea
8. Traditional medicine
10. Nutrient-dense foods