A logistics company is a business that provides transportation, warehousing, and distribution services to other businesses.
These companies are responsible for managing the movement of goods and materials from one location to another, ensuring that they are delivered on time and in good condition.
Logistics companies may also offer additional services such as inventory management, order fulfillment, and customs clearance.
They play a critical role in supply chain management, helping businesses to streamline their operations and reduce costs.
How do I choose the best logistics companies in Malaysia?
Here are some tips on how to choose the best logistics companies in Malaysia:
1. Look for experience: Choose a logistics company that has been in the industry for a long time. Experienced companies have a better understanding of the market and can provide better services.
2. Check for certifications: Look for logistics companies that have certifications such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001. These certifications ensure that the company follows international standards and practices.
3. Consider the range of services: Choose a logistics company that offers a wide range of services such as warehousing, transportation, and customs clearance. This will ensure that all your logistics needs are met under one roof.
4. Check for technology: Look for logistics companies that use the latest technology such as GPS tracking, warehouse management systems, and online tracking systems. This will ensure that your shipments are tracked and monitored in real-time.
5. Read reviews: Check online reviews and ratings of logistics companies in Malaysia. This will give you an idea of the company’s reputation and customer satisfaction.
6. Compare prices: Compare the prices of different logistics companies in Malaysia. Choose a company that offers competitive prices without compromising on quality.
List of logistics companies in Malaysia
- Tiong Nam Logistics Holdings Berhad: Established in 1985, Tiong Nam offers a wide range of logistics services, including warehousing, transportation, and distribution services. They cater to various industries, including automotive, manufacturing, retail, and e-commerce.
- CEVA Logistics Malaysia: CEVA is a global logistics company with a presence in over 160 countries, including Malaysia. They provide end-to-end supply chain solutions, including freight management, contract logistics, and transportation services.
- DHL Supply Chain Malaysia: DHL is one of the world’s leading logistics companies, offering a wide range of services, including freight transportation, warehousing, and distribution. Their Malaysian operations cater to various industries, such as automotive, consumer, healthcare, and technology.
- GDEX (GD Express): GDEX is a leading express delivery and logistics service provider in Malaysia, offering domestic and international express delivery services, as well as supply chain solutions and e-commerce logistics.
- Pos Malaysia: Pos Malaysia is the national postal service provider in Malaysia, offering mail, logistics, and retail services. Their logistics division, Pos Logistics, provides warehousing, distribution, and transportation services to various industries.
- TASCO Berhad: TASCO is a subsidiary of the global logistics company, Yusen Logistics, offering a wide range of services, including air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, and supply chain management solutions.
- Agility Malaysia: Agility is a global logistics company with a strong presence in Malaysia, providing freight forwarding, warehousing, and distribution services, as well as specialized logistics solutions for various industries.
- CJ Century Logistics: CJ Century is a leading Malaysian logistics provider, offering a wide range of services, including freight forwarding, warehousing, and distribution, as well as specialized logistics solutions for industries like oil & gas, automotive, and e-commerce.
- MISC Integrated Logistics: MISC is a Malaysian shipping and logistics company, providing a wide range of services, including container shipping, freight forwarding, warehousing, and distribution.
- Pantos Logistics Malaysia: Pantos is a global logistics company with operations in Malaysia, offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, including air and ocean freight forwarding, warehousing, distribution, and customs clearance services.
What makes a good logistics company in Malaysia?
Here are some factors that can make a logistics company successful in Malaysia:
1. Efficient and reliable transportation: A good logistics company should have a well-maintained fleet of vehicles that can transport goods quickly and safely to their destination.
2. Advanced technology: The use of advanced technology such as GPS tracking, warehouse management systems, and automated inventory management can help logistics companies streamline their operations and improve efficiency.
3. Experienced and skilled workforce: A logistics company should have a team of experienced and skilled professionals who can handle various aspects of logistics, including transportation, warehousing, and inventory management.
4. Strong network: A good logistics company should have a strong network of partners and suppliers that can help them provide comprehensive logistics solutions to their clients.
5. Customer-centric approach: A logistics company should prioritize customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate delivery, transparent communication, and personalized services.
6. Compliance with regulations: A good logistics company should comply with all relevant regulations and standards to ensure the safety and security of goods during transportation and storage.
Why choose to work with local logistics company in Malaysia?
Here are some reasons why businesses may choose logistics companies in Malaysia:
1. Strategic location: Malaysia is strategically located in Southeast Asia, making it an ideal hub for logistics and transportation services. It is situated between major shipping routes, making it an ideal location for businesses that require efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods.
2. Infrastructure: Malaysia has a well-developed infrastructure, including ports, airports, highways, and railways, which makes it easier for logistics companies to transport goods efficiently and effectively.
3. Skilled workforce: Malaysia has a skilled workforce that is well-trained in logistics and transportation services. This ensures that logistics companies can provide high-quality services to their clients.
4. Cost-effective: Malaysia offers cost-effective logistics services compared to other countries in the region. This makes it an attractive destination for businesses that want to reduce their logistics costs.
5. Government support: The Malaysian government provides support to logistics companies through various initiatives and incentives. This includes tax incentives, grants, and subsidies, which help to reduce the cost of doing business in Malaysia.