What is knee replacement surgery?
Knee replacement surgery, also known as knee arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure in which a damaged or diseased knee joint is replaced with an artificial joint made of metal, plastic, or ceramic materials.
The surgery is typically performed to relieve pain and improve mobility in patients with severe knee arthritis or other conditions that have caused significant damage to the knee joint.
During the procedure, the surgeon removes the damaged portions of the knee joint and replaces them with artificial joint components designed to mimic the natural movement and function of a healthy knee joint.
Recovery from knee replacement surgery typically involves physical therapy and rehabilitation to help patients regain strength, flexibility, and range of motion in the affected knee.
How much does knee replacement surgery cost in Malaysia?
The cost of knee replacement surgery in Malaysia can vary depending on several factors such as the type of surgery, the hospital or clinic, the surgeon’s fees, and the patient’s medical condition.
On average, the cost of knee replacement surgery in Malaysia ranges from RM 30,000 to RM 60,000 (approximately USD 7,000 to USD 14,000).
However, the cost may be higher for more complex cases or if additional procedures are required. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare provider to get a more accurate estimate of the cost.
Is knee replacement surgery in Malaysia considered cheap or expensive?
Knee replacement surgery in Malaysia is generally considered to be more affordable than in many other countries, including the United States and Europe.
The cost of knee replacement surgery in Malaysia can vary depending on the hospital, surgeon, and type of procedure, but it is generally considered to be cheaper than in many other countries.
List of knee replacement surgery in Malaysia
List of knee replacement surgery in Malaysia
- Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
Address: 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-4141 3000
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Address: 8, Jalan Bukit Pantai, Taman Bukit Pantai, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-2296 0888
- KPJ Tawakkal Specialist Hospital
Address: 202A, Jalan Pahang, Titiwangsa, 53000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-4026 7777
- Sunway Medical Centre
Address: 5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-7491 9191
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre
Address: 1, Jalan SS 12/1A, Ss 12, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-5639 1212
- Prince Court Medical Centre
Address: 39, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-2160 0000
- Island Hospital
Address: 308, Macalister Road, 10450 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Phone: +60 4-2288 888
- Lam Wah Ee Hospital
Address: 141, Jalan Tan Sri Teh Ewe Lim, 11600 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Phone: +60 4-657 1888
- Mahkota Medical Centre
Address: 3, Mahkota Melaka, Jalan Merdeka, Taman Costa Mahkota, 75000 Bandar Hilir, Melaka, Malaysia
Phone: +60 6-285 2888
- KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
Address: 119, Jalan SS 20/10, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-7718 1000
Which one is the top knee replacement surgery in Malaysia?
According to patient reviews and hospital rankings, some of the top knee replacement surgeries in Malaysia are:
1. Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur – This hospital is known for its advanced technology and experienced surgeons who perform knee replacement surgeries using minimally invasive techniques.
2. Prince Court Medical Centre – This hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and has a team of highly skilled orthopedic surgeons who specialize in knee replacement surgeries.
3. Sunway Medical Centre – This hospital has a dedicated orthopedic department that offers comprehensive knee replacement surgeries, including robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery.
4. Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur – This hospital has a team of experienced orthopedic surgeons who perform knee replacement surgeries using the latest techniques and equipment.
Malaysia’s top knee replacement surgery may vary depending on individual preferences and needs.
It is recommended to consult with a qualified orthopedic surgeon to determine the best option for your specific case.
What to look for if I want to find the best knee replacement surgery in Malaysia?
1. Experienced Surgeons: Look for a hospital or clinic that has experienced and skilled surgeons who specialize in knee replacement surgery.
2. Reputation: Check the reputation of the hospital or clinic by reading reviews and testimonials from previous patients.
3. Technology and Facilities: Look for a hospital or clinic that has modern technology and facilities to ensure that the surgery is performed with the latest techniques and equipment.
4. Cost: Compare the cost of knee replacement surgery in different hospitals or clinics to find the best value for money.
5. Post-Surgery Care: Look for a hospital or clinic that provides comprehensive post-surgery care, including rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
6. Location: Choose a hospital or clinic that is conveniently located and easily accessible.
7. Accreditation: Check if the hospital or clinic is accredited by recognized organizations to ensure that they meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
8. Patient Satisfaction: Look for a hospital or clinic that has a high rate of patient satisfaction and positive feedback from previous patients.
What should I do before deciding knee replacement surgery in Malaysia
Here are some general steps that one should take before deciding on knee replacement surgery in Malaysia:
1. Consult with a qualified orthopedic surgeon: It is important to consult with a qualified orthopedic surgeon who can evaluate your condition and recommend the best course of treatment.
2. Get a second opinion: It is always a good idea to get a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon to ensure that knee replacement surgery is the best option for you.
3. Understand the risks and benefits: Knee replacement surgery is a major procedure that comes with risks and benefits. It is important to understand these risks and benefits before making a decision.
4. Consider non-surgical options: There are non-surgical options available for knee pain, such as physical therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes. It is important to consider these options before deciding on surgery.
5. Research the hospital and surgeon: It is important to research the hospital and surgeon where you plan to have the surgery. Look for reviews and ratings from previous patients to ensure that you are receiving quality care.
6. Discuss the cost: Knee replacement surgery can be expensive, so it is important to discuss the cost with your surgeon and insurance provider to ensure that you can afford the procedure.