MUET (Malaysian University English Test) registration is the process in which local and international students sign up to take the university’s English proficiency exam. This exam is important for students who plan to pursue their studies in Malaysia as it determines their English language proficiency level. T
The registration process involves filling out a registration form, paying a fee, and choosing a test date. It can typically be done online through the university’s website or in person. Students need to register early and prepare for the exam to increase their chances of scoring well.
How do I register MUET as a private candidate?
If you want to register MUET as a private candidate, please follow this guide:
- Visit MUET Website: Visit the official website of the Malaysian Examination Council (https://muet.mpm.edu.my)
- Register MUET: Click ‘Registration Form’.
- Choosing the Right Exam Centre: As the first step to register as a private candidate, you need to choose the appropriate exam centre available on the MUET registration form.
- Filling Personal Details: To successfully submit your application, make sure to fill in all personal details correctly on the MUET registration form. Anything left blank or filled incorrectly could lead to issues with your registration.
- Payment Process: Once you have completed the form, you need to proceed with the payment. MUET accepts payments via FPX or Credit Cards. Ensure you have either of these payment modes ready.
- Completing Registration: After successfully filling the form and making the payment, your registration process is completed.
- Obtaining Registration Statement: Once registered, you need to get your Registration Statement (MUET/PP). This document is essential for your exam process.
- Entering Identity Card Details: To get the Registration Statement, you need to key in your Identity Card details. Make sure you have your Identity Card ready while doing this.
- Downloading Registration Statement: After entering your Identity Card details, click on the ‘download PDF’ option. This will allow you to download your Registration Statement (MUET/PP) and keep it for future reference.”
- You will be redirected to a page with all the information regarding MUET registration.
- Look for the section specifically for private candidates and follow the instructions given.
- You may need to fill in an online registration form with your personal details such as your name, address, contact number, and so on.
- You will also be required to pay the registration fee. The payment methods will be provided on the website.
- After completing the registration form and making the payment, you will receive a confirmation email or notification.
- Keep a printout or screenshot of this confirmation for future references.
How do I check my MUET registration status?
To check your MUET (Malaysian University English Test) registration status, you can follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Malaysian Examination Council (MEC) at http://webmpm1.mpm.edu.my/muet/index.php
- You will need to fill in your personal details such as your Identification Card (IC) number.
- Once you’ve entered your information, click on the Submit button.
- Your registration status slip will then be displayed on the screen.
Remember to check the website regularly for any updates or changes in the registration process. Also, make sure to register before the deadline to avoid any last-minute complications.
Keep in mind that the details above may vary depending on the changes made by the Malaysian Examination Council. Always refer to their website for the most accurate and updated information.
How much is MUET registration fee?
The test fees for MUET are categorised based on nationality, with separate fees for citizens and non-citizens. For citizens, the registration fee is RM 40.00, and the subject fee is RM 60.00, bringing the total to RM 100.00.
On the other hand, non-citizens are required to pay a registration fee of RM 120.00 and a subject fee of RM 230.00, totaling RM 350.00.
The payment for these fees must be done by purchasing a MEC PIN number from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) or through internet banking. Please note that BSN will charge an additional RM1.00 for every MEC PIN number purchased.
Private Individual Candidates are prohibited from buying PIN MEC at the BSN counter or MyPay. Instead, they must pay online on this page during the registration.
Please note that a limited number of seats in the test centre are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information about the fee details, candidates are urged to visit MPM Online. Once the payment is made, it will appear on the MUET Registration Slip (MUET/PP) for the candidate’s reference.
What are the requirements for MUET?
Anyone can sit for the MUET as there are no conditions imposed for eligibility. The validity period of the MUET results depends on when they were issued.
If the results were issued prior to 2009, they are valid until 18 July, 2013. However, for results issued from 2009 onwards, they hold a validity period of five years from the date of issue.