Sometimes, all of a sudden, you need that SPM cert so badly. Usually, you can always check SPM result online within 2 weeks after it’s being announced. But what about after so many years?
The past SPM result could be needed due to your university admission. It may also be about the documentation for the job that you’re looking for. If that happens, how to check old SPM result? Is that possible?
Checking old SPM result
How to check my old SPM result?
To check your old SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) result, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the place where you have kept your old SPM result slip or printed paper. This could be in a safe spot at home, in a folder, or with your academic records.
- Ensure that the slip or printed paper is in good condition and readable. If it has been damaged or lost, you may need to contact the relevant educational authority or your school to request a copy of your result.
- If you need to share or use your old SPM result for any official purpose, such as applying for further studies or job opportunities, make photocopies of the slip or printed paper to keep the original safe.
Remember, if you cannot locate your old SPM result slip or printed paper, you can contact relevant authority for assistance in retrieving a copy.
Can I reprint my missing SPM certification?
Yes, you can reprint your missing or lost SPM certification.
To check and get your old SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) result reprinted, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the e-Lembaga Peperiksaan (e-LP), Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia website at https://elp.moe.gov.my/home/main
- Create an account if you’re new, or log in if you’re already a member.
- Click on ‘Salinan Keputusan‘
- Don’t worry about the red notification, it just means you haven’t made any requests yet. Hit the ‘Add‘ button on the far right.
- Choose your certificate from the list
- Options include SPM, STPM, SPMU, MPV, MPAV, MCE, PMR, SRP, and LCE.
- Confirm your exam year
- Fill in a few details and verify the year you took the examination, whether to collect or not to collect.
- Choose between picking up your certificate at the Putrajaya office or paying an extra RM10 for home delivery.
- Note that there’s a RM30 fee for Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia to reprint your certificate.
- Pay and wait for your fresh new certificate.
- Make the payment online and just sit back while your certificate gets reprinted!
Reasons to reprint old SPM certificate
Why does one need to reprint SPM result? You might need to reprint your SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) result for several reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- Lost or damaged original copy: If the original copy of the SPM result is lost, misplaced, or damaged, one may need to request a reprint.
- Official documentation: Reprinting the SPM result ensures that one has an official and valid document that verifies their academic achievements.
- Error correction: In case there is an error in the original result, such as incorrect grades or missing subjects, a reprint may be necessary to rectify the mistake and obtain an accurate document.
- Updating personal information: If there have been changes in personal details like name, or identification number, a reprint can reflect the updated information.
In most cases, individuals can request a reprint of their SPM result from the relevant educational authority or examination board
Why past SPM results is important?
Past SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) results are important for several reasons:
- University admissions: SPM results are often used as a primary criterion for university admissions. Good SPM results can increase the chances of getting accepted into a desired course or institution.
- Scholarships and financial aid: Many scholarships and financial aid programs consider SPM results when awarding funds. Higher SPM scores can lead to more opportunities for financial assistance.
- Job applications: Some employers may request SPM results as part of the job application process, especially for entry-level positions. Good SPM results can demonstrate academic excellence and potentially enhance job prospects.
- Academic opportunities: Certain academic programs or competitions may require a minimum SPM score for participation. Higher SPM results can open doors to various academic opportunities and enrichment programs.
- Personal development: The process of preparing for and taking SPM exams can enhance skills such as time management, discipline, and critical thinking. These skills are beneficial for further education, career advancement, and personal growth.
The past SPM results serve as a measure of academic performance and can significantly impact future educational and career opportunities.