Applying for an Indian visa in Malaysia requires individuals to follow a specific process as outlined by the High Commission of India in Malaysia. This process typically involves gathering the necessary documents, filling out an online application form, scheduling an appointment, and submitting the required documents and fees.
The specific requirements and steps may vary depending on the type of visa being applied for, such as tourist, business, or employment visa.
Do I need visa to go to India from Malaysia?
Yes, to travel from Malaysia to India, Malaysian citizens are required to obtain a visa. The visa application process can be done through the Indian embassy or consulate in Malaysia. There are different types of visas available depending on the purpose of travel, such as tourist visas, business visas, and student visas.
It is important to check the specific requirements and documents needed for the visa application, including a valid passport, proof of accommodation, proof of sufficient funds, and a return ticket. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the planned travel date to avoid any delays or complications.
How to apply Indian visa in Malaysia?
Malaysian passport holders need to complete the online visa application forms, print them out, and submit them along with two recent color photographs, a copy of their Malaysian IC, passport, and the required fee. The processing time is approximately three working days.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for an Indian visa in Malaysia:
- Visit the official website of the Indian High Commission in Malaysia.
- Click on the “Visa Services” tab and select the type of visa you want to apply for (e.g., tourist visa, business visa, etc.).
- Read the instructions and requirements carefully before filling out the online application form.
- Complete the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Once the form is filled, take a printout of the completed application form.
- Gather the necessary documents required for the visa application, which typically include:
- Two recent passport-sized color photographs
- Malaysian Identification Card (IC) copy
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Requisite visa fee (check the official website for the current fee)
- Visit the Indian High Commission or Consulate in Malaysia during their working hours.
- Submit the completed application form along with the supporting documents mentioned above.
- Pay the visa fee at the designated counter.
- After submission, you will be provided with an acknowledgment receipt.
- Wait for the processing period, which usually takes around 3 working days.
- Collect your passport with the visa from the Indian High Commission or Consulate.
- Check the visa to ensure all the details are correct.
- You are now ready to travel to India with your valid visa.
It is advisable to check the official website of the Indian High Commission in Malaysia for any specific instructions or updates regarding the visa application process.
What are the types of visas and requirements to visit India?
A Tourist Visa is granted to foreigners who wish to visit India for recreational purposes, sight-seeing, or casual visits with friends and relatives. The visa is valid for six months with multiple entries, and each stay should not exceed 45 days. To apply, applicants must submit the online visa application form, original passport, two color photographs with a white background, Malaysian IC copy, passport copy, and the required fee. The processing time is three working days.
The Business Visa is for foreigners who want to establish or explore business opportunities in India. It is granted to individuals with assured financial standing and expertise in the intended business field. The visa must be issued from the country of origin or domicile, provided the applicant has permanent residence in that country for more than two years. Required documents include local company letter and registration, invitation letter from India and the company registration, two color photos with a white background, and the original passport.
To obtain a Student Visa, applicants must submit their original passport, a duly filled-in visa application form, and two color photographs with a white background.
Entry Visa is granted to spouses and dependent family members of foreign nationals coming to India on long-term visas. It is also available for Persons of Indian Origin, their spouses, and dependent children. Required documents include proof of PIO status, marriage certificate (for spouses), and birth certificate (for children). Spouses and dependent children of OCI/PIO cardholders can also apply for an Entry Visa with the necessary proof.
The Employment Visa is for foreigners seeking employment in India. It is granted to skilled professionals or individuals appointed by a company or organization on a contract or employment basis. The visa must be issued from the country of origin or domicile, provided the applicant has permanent residence in that country for more than two years. Required documents include employment contract, Indian company registration, academic certificates, application forms, and two color photos with a white background.
Foreign journalists visiting India for up to three months should apply for a ‘J’ (journalist) Visa. Journalists working in Indian media organizations, foreign media assigned to India, or those attending journalism courses should apply for specific visas based on their purpose.
To obtain a Transit Visa, applicants must provide a confirmed air ticket for onward journey, along with the application form and two color photographs with a white background.
Applicants attending conferences in India must provide a letter of invitation from the organizer, a nomination letter from a Malaysian organization, and the application form. Two color photographs with a white background are also required.
Please note that visa fees and service fees are non-refundable, and applicants must complete the online visa application form accurately. For more information on specific visa guidelines and requirements, please refer to the provided links.
How to apply Tourist Visa for Malaysian passport holders?
To apply for a Tourist Visa for Malaysian passport holders, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online Visa application form and make sure all the required fields are filled correctly.
- Print out the completed online form.
- Gather two recent color photographs.
- Prepare a copy of your Malaysian IC.
- Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended stay and has at least two blank pages.
- Pay the requisite fee for the Visa application.
- Submit the printouts of the online Visa application forms, two photographs, Malaysian IC copy, passport, and the required fee.
- The processing time for the Visa is typically 3 working days.
How to apply for Tourist Visa for non-Malaysian foreign passport holders?
If you hold a non-Malaysian foreign passport and wish to apply for a Tourist Visa, follow these instructions:
- Ensure that you have a valid Employment/ Business /Student/Resident/MMH21/ Long Term Social Visit Pass (2 YEARS + ABOVE).
- You are not required to submit your passport at the time of Visa application submission.
- M/S IVS (Visa processing agency) will inform you when to submit your passport for stamping of the Visa, once all the necessary clearances have been obtained.
- Do not book your flight ticket in advance as a non-Malaysian foreigner until you have received your Visa clearance.
Is Indian visa free for Malaysia?
No, Indian visa is not free for Malaysia. Malaysian citizens are required to obtain a visa before entering India.
Is Malaysia eligible for India e-Visa?
Yes, Malaysia is eligible for India e-Visa. Malaysian citizens can apply for an e-Visa to visit India for tourism, business, or medical purposes.