Please ensure you’ve enabled the usage function on your BSN Debit Card to start shopping online on Shopee, Lazada and many more.
Read this quick guide on how to activate BSN Debit card for online purchase. Read separate guide on how to activate BSN Debit Card for overseas usage.
Activation of BSN Debit Card for Online Shopping
How to activate BSN Debit Card for online purchase?
Activate BSN Debit Card via myBSN Internet Banking for online shopping
For First-time Users:
- Navigate to BSN’s home page and click on ‘Register’ situated at the top right corner.
- Follow the prompts to successfully register.
For Existing myBSN Users:
- Log in to your myBSN account.
- Choose ‘Manage Account’ and select ‘Debit Card’.
- Click on ‘Update Online Purchase Status’, then select ‘Debit Card’ and click ‘Next’.
- Choose between ‘Permanently Activated’, ‘Temporary Activated’, or ‘Deactivated’.
- Enter the effective date as well as the ‘Start/End date’ and then click ‘Next’.
- Request a TAC by clicking on ‘Request TAC’. The TAC will be sent to the mobile number you registered with BSN.
- Enter the received TAC and click ‘Next’.
- Wait for a confirmation message which will indicate a successful Online Transaction update.
Activate BSN Debit Card via BSN ATM for online shopping
- Insert your BSN Visa Debit Card
- Choose ‘PIN CHANGE / OTHERS’
- Click on ‘MAINTENANCE’
- Choose ‘ONLINE PURCHASE’
- Select either ‘TEMPORARY ACTIVATION’ or ‘PERMANENT ACTIVATION’
What are the risks if I use my BSN Debit Card for online transaction?
Here are some risks involved if you’re using your BSN Debit Card for online shopping:
- Unauthorized Transactions: A major risk of using your BSN (Bank Simpanan Nasional) debit card online is the potential for unauthorized transactions. If your card details are stolen, hackers can use them for online purchases.
- Phishing Scams: You may be lured into revealing your card information on fake websites. These scams usually involve an email or message that appears to be from a reputable source, but it’s actually from cybercriminals.
- Overcharging: Some unscrupulous merchants may charge more than the stated amount for a product or service.
- Non-Delivery of Purchased Items: There’s always a risk that the item you bought online will never be delivered.
- Data Breach: Online retailers could suffer a data breach, leading to your card information being exposed and potentially misused.
- Unsecured Websites: If the website you’re using doesn’t have secure encryption (indicated by ‘https’ in the URL), your card information can be easily intercepted by hackers.
- Chargebacks: If you want to return a product or deny a transaction, it may be difficult to get your money back.
- Continuous Charges: Some websites may store your card information and keep charging you on a recurring basis without your explicit consent.
- Card Duplication: With the card details, fraudsters might duplicate your card and use it.
- Damages to Credit Score: Though less common with debit cards, if fraud occurs and is not reported immediately, it can potentially harm your credit score.
If I have problems during my online shopping, how do I contact BSN?
You can contact Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) Customer Service at 1300 88 1900 (local) or +603-2613 1900 (overseas).
Alternatively, you can just email your concerns to [email protected].