What is the meaning of hickey in Malay?
In Malay, the term “hickey” can be translated to “tanda ciuman” or “tanda gigitan” or colloquially “melat”, which literally means “love bite”, “kiss mark” or “bite mark”.
How do I use the word ‘hickey’ in Bahasa Melayu?
Here are some ‘contoh ayat’ that you can use:
1. Dia mendapat tanda ciuman di lehernya selepas berdating dengan kekasihnya semalam.
2. Saya terkejut apabila melihat tanda gigitan di leher teman baik saya.
3. Adik perlu berhati-hati supaya tidak mendapat tanda ciuman semasa bercinta.
What is the definition of ‘hickey’ in English?
A hickey, also known as a love bite or a kiss mark, is a bruise-like mark that appears on the skin after someone sucks or bites on it.
The suction or biting causes small blood vessels under the skin to break, which results in the appearance of a red or purple mark.
Hickeys are most commonly found on the neck, but can also appear on other parts of the body such as the arms, chest, or thighs.
They are often seen as a sign of affection or passion between partners, but can also be a source of embarrassment or discomfort for some people.
Hickeys typically last for a few days to a week, depending on the severity of the mark and the individual’s healing process.
They can be covered up with clothing or makeup if desired. While hickeys are generally harmless, they can occasionally lead to more serious complications such as blood clots or infections if the skin is broken or damaged.
How do I pronounce the word hickey in British English?
The word “hickey” is pronounced as “hik-ee” in British English.
How do I use ‘hickey’ in a sentence in English?
Here are some examples that you can use ‘hickey’ in a sentence:
1. She tried to cover up the hickey on her neck with a scarf.
2. He gave her a hickey as a playful gesture, but she was embarrassed to show it in public.
3. The teenager was mortified when her parents noticed the hickey on her collarbone.
4. The nurse noticed a suspicious hickey on the patient’s arm and reported it to the doctor.
5. He couldn’t resist leaving a hickey on her shoulder after their passionate night together.
What are the related terms of ‘hickey’?
Here are other terms or similar words for ‘hickey’:
1. Love bite