A heavy engineering company is a company that specializes in the design, manufacture, and installation of large and complex engineering projects such as bridges, dams, power plants, oil refineries, and other heavy industrial facilities.
These companies typically employ highly skilled engineers, technicians, and craftsmen who work with heavy machinery and equipment to construct and maintain these structures. Heavy engineering companies may also provide services such as project management, maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment.
Heavy Engineering companies in Malaysia
List of heavy engineering companies in Malaysia
- Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad (MHB)
- Sapura Energy Berhad
- Dialog Group Berhad
- UMW Holdings Berhad
- Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation Berhad
- MMC Corporation Berhad
- MISC Berhad
- Zelan Berhad
- Muhibbah Engineering Berhad
- KNM Group Berhad
- Sime Darby Industrial Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Berhad
- IJM Corporation Berhad
- Uzma Berhad
- Crest Builder Holdings Berhad
- Daya Materials Berhad
- Alam Maritim Resources Berhad
- George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad
- Destini Berhad
- WCT Holdings Berhad
- Protasco Berhad
- Sunway Construction Group Berhad
- Wah Seong Corporation Berhad
- Yinson Holdings Berhad
- Coastal Contracts Berhad.
How do I get a job and working at Malaysia’s best heavy engineering companies?
Here are some ways to get hired by the best heavy engineering companies in Malaysia:
- Education: Firstly, you need to have a relevant degree in the field of engineering. This could be civil, mechanical, electrical, or any other branch of engineering depending on the specific field you’re interested in.
- Internships: Internships are a great way to gain experience in the industry. This not only helps you get the necessary skills, but also provides you with an insight into how the industry works. You can try applying for internships in heavy engineering companies during your college years.
- Certifications: In addition to your degree, having additional certifications can be beneficial. This could be in the form of safety certifications, project management certifications, or any other relevant certification.
- Networking: Networking is another crucial aspect when it comes to landing a job. Attend industry events, seminars, and webinars. Connect with professionals in the field via LinkedIn or other professional networking sites.
- Applying: Once you have the necessary qualifications and experience, you can start applying for jobs. You can look for job postings on the company’s website or on job portals.
- Interview: If your application gets shortlisted, you’ll be called for an interview. Prepare thoroughly for the interview. Brush up your technical knowledge and also be prepared to answer behavioral questions.
- Perseverance: The job hunting process can take time. Don’t get disheartened if you don’t get a job offer immediately. Keep improving your skills and keep applying.
- Working Visas: If you’re not a Malaysian citizen, you’ll need a working visa to work in Malaysia. Ensure that you’re eligible and have all the necessary documents.
What makes a good heavy engineering company in Malaysia?
Here are the criterias that make a good heavy engineering company in Malaysia:
- Technical expertise: A good heavy engineering company in Malaysia should have a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers who are capable of designing, manufacturing, and installing complex heavy engineering projects.
- Quality assurance: The company should have a robust quality assurance system in place to ensure that all products and services meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
- State-of-the-art facilities: The company should have modern and well-equipped facilities that are capable of handling large-scale heavy engineering projects.
- Strong project management skills: The company should have a team of project managers who are capable of overseeing complex projects from start to finish, ensuring that they are completed on time and within budget.
- Commitment to innovation: A good heavy engineering company should be committed to innovation and continuously invest in research and development to stay ahead of the competition.
- Strong customer focus: The company should be customer-focused and committed to delivering high-quality products and services that meet the specific needs of its clients.
- Compliance with regulations: The company should comply with all relevant regulations and standards to ensure that its products and services are safe and reliable.
- Strong financial position: The company should have a strong financial position and be able to invest in new technologies and equipment to stay competitive in the market.
Why choose to work in the heavy engineering sector in Malaysia?
Here are some reasons why one might choose a heavy engineering company in Malaysia:
- Rapid Industrial Growth: The heavy engineering sector in Malaysia is rapidly growing, offering numerous opportunities for career growth and development.
- Economic Contribution: The heavy engineering sector contributes significantly to the Malaysian economy, making it a stable and secure industry to work in.
- Technological Advancements: With the continuous technological advancements happening in this sector, professionals get the chance to work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Skill Development: This industry offers immense scope for skill development and learning. Engineers can enhance their skills in areas like project management, problem-solving, and technical competencies.
- Competitive Compensation: The sector offers competitive compensation packages, including benefits and allowances, making it attractive for job seekers.
- Diverse Opportunities: The sector encompasses various fields, including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and more, providing a wide range of job opportunities.
- Infrastructural Development: Malaysia is continuously developing its infrastructure, which directly contributes to the growth of the heavy engineering sector.
- Sustainable Development: With the world moving towards sustainable development, the heavy engineering sector in Malaysia is increasingly incorporating green technologies and practices, making it an exciting field to be a part of.
- Government Support: The Malaysian government provides substantial support to the heavy engineering industry, including incentives and policies that promote growth and development.
- Global Exposure: Many heavy engineering companies in Malaysia are multinational corporations, providing opportunities for global exposure and international career growth.