What is the meaning of garoupa in Malay?
In Malay, “garoupa” refers to a type of fish, which is “ikan kerapu”.
Same with “ikan siakap”, it is a popular fish in Malaysian cuisine known for its firm, white flesh and mild flavour. The price of “garoupa” is much more expensive than “ikan siakap”.
How do I use the word ‘garoupa’ in Bahasa Melayu?
Here are some ‘contoh ayat’ that you can use:
- “Garoupa” adalah jenis ikan, yang juga dipanggil dengan nama ikan kerapu. Ia merupakan ikan yang popular dalam masakan Malaysia dan dikenali dengan daging putih yang sedap dengan rasa yang lembut.
- Dalam bahasa Melayu, “garoupa” merujuk kepada jenis ikan, iaitu ikan kerapu. Ikan ini amat popular dalam masakan Malaysia dan mempunyai daging yang kukuh serta rasa yang lembut.
What is the definition of ‘garoupa’ in English?
Garoupa, also known as grouper, is a type of fish that is commonly found in tropical and subtropical waters around the world. It is a popular food fish and is highly valued for its firm, white flesh and mild flavor.
Garoupa can grow to be quite large, with some species reaching up to 8 feet in length and weighing over 800 pounds. They are typically found in rocky or coral reef habitats, where they feed on a variety of smaller fish, crustaceans, and other marine organisms.
In addition to being a popular food fish, garoupa is also highly prized in traditional Chinese medicine for its purported health benefits.
It is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties and is used to treat a variety of ailments, including arthritis, asthma, and even cancer.
However, due to overfishing and habitat destruction, many species of garoupa are now considered endangered or threatened.
As a result, there are now strict regulations in place to protect these fish and ensure their long-term survival.
How do I pronounce the word garoupa in British English?
The word garoupa is not commonly used in British English. However, if you are referring to the fish species, it is pronounced as “guh-roo-puh” with the stress on the second syllable.
How do I use ‘garoupa’ in a sentence in English?
Here are some examples that you can use ‘garoupa’ in a sentence:
- The garoupa was the catch of the day at the seafood restaurant.
- The fisherman proudly displayed his massive garoupa catch on the dock.
- The garoupa’s firm and succulent flesh made for a delicious meal.
- The chef expertly filleted the garoupa, preparing it for the evening’s special dish.
- The garoupa’s distinctive markings and impressive size made it a popular attraction at the aquarium.
What are the related terms of ‘garoupa’?
Here are other terms or similar words for ‘garoupa’:
- Sea bass
- Marine fish
- Coral reef fish
- Atlantic goliath grouper
- Nassau grouper
- Red grouper
- Black grouper
- Giant grouper
- Speckled grouper