What is dental filling?
A dental filling is a restorative material used to repair a damaged or decayed tooth. The filling is placed in the cavity or hole created by the decay or damage to restore the tooth’s shape, function, and strength.
Dental fillings can be made of various materials, including amalgam, composite resin, porcelain, and gold.
The type of filling used depends on the location and extent of the damage, as well as the patient’s preferences and budget.
How much does dental filling cost in Malaysia?
The cost of dental filling in Malaysia varies depending on the type of filling material used, the location of the dental clinic, and the complexity of the procedure.
On average, the cost of dental filling in Malaysia ranges from RM50 to RM500 per tooth.
Composite resin fillings are usually more expensive than amalgam fillings, with prices ranging from RM100 to RM500 per tooth.
Gold fillings are the most expensive, with prices ranging from RM500 to RM1,500 per tooth. It is best to consult with a dentist to get an accurate estimate of the cost of dental filling based on your specific needs.
Is dental filling in Malaysia considered cheap or expensive?
Dental filling costs in Malaysia can vary depending on the type of filling material used, the location of the dental clinic, and the dentist’s experience.
Generally, dental filling in Malaysia is considered affordable compared to other countries.
It is always recommended to consult with a dentist to get an accurate estimate of the cost.
Where can I do dental filling in Malaysia?
There are numerous dental clinics in Malaysia where you can get dental fillings. To find a suitable clinic, you can:
- Search online for dental clinics near your location.
- Ask for recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues.
- Check the Malaysian Dental Association website (mda.org.my) for a list of registered dental clinics.
Some popular dental clinics in Malaysia include:
- Imperial Dental Specialist Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
- Tiew & Partners Dental Clinic (various locations)
- Klinik Pergigian Fauziah (Kuala Lumpur)
- Bangsar Utama Dental Specialist Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
- Beverly Wilshire Dental Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
Remember to call the clinic beforehand to schedule an appointment and confirm the services they offer.
Which one is the top dental filling material?
According to dental professionals in Malaysia, the top dental filling material is composite resin.
This is because it is tooth-coloured, durable, and can be easily bonded to the tooth surface.
It also requires less removal of healthy tooth structure compared to other materials such as amalgam.
Additionally, composite resin fillings are less likely to cause hot and cold temperatures sensitivity.
Which dental filling should I consider?
Here are some factors to consider when looking for your preferred dental filling in Malaysia:
1. Material: There are different types of dental filling materials available, such as amalgam, composite resin, porcelain, and gold. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to discuss with your dentist which material is best suited for your needs.
2. Experience and expertise of the dentist: Look for a dentist who has experience and expertise in performing dental fillings. You can check their credentials, reviews, and ratings online.
3. Cost: The cost of dental fillings can vary depending on the material used and the complexity of the procedure. Compare the prices of different dental clinics and choose the one that offers the best value for money.
4. Location: Choose a dental clinic that is conveniently located and easily accessible.
5. Technology and equipment: Look for a dental clinic that uses modern technology and equipment to ensure the best possible outcome for your dental filling procedure.
6. Patient reviews and testimonials: Read reviews and testimonials from other patients who have undergone dental filling procedures at the clinic to get an idea of their experience and satisfaction level.
What do you think I should do before proceeding with dental filling in Malaysia?
Here are some things you should consider before proceeding with dental filling in Malaysia:
1. Consult with a dentist: Before deciding on a dental filling, it is important to consult with a dentist. They will examine your teeth and recommend the best course of treatment.
2. Understand the types of fillings: There are different types of dental fillings available, such as amalgam, composite, ceramic, and gold. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to understand which one is best for you.
3. Consider the cost: The cost of dental fillings can vary depending on the type of filling and the dentist you choose. It is important to consider the cost and whether it fits within your budget.
4. Check the dentist’s credentials: Before choosing a dentist, make sure they are licensed and have the necessary qualifications to perform dental fillings.
5. Ask about the procedure: It is important to understand the procedure for dental fillings, including the duration, pain level, and aftercare.
6. Consider your dental history: If you have a history of dental problems, such as cavities or gum disease, it is important to discuss this with your dentist before deciding on a filling.
7. Discuss any allergies: If you have any allergies, it is important to discuss this with your dentist before deciding on a filling material.