What is corrective jaw surgery?
Corrective jaw surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery, is a surgical procedure that is performed to correct abnormalities in the jaw and facial bones.
This procedure is typically used to correct conditions such as a misaligned bite, a protruding jaw, or a receding chin.
The surgery involves repositioning the jaw and facial bones to improve the patient’s bite, facial appearance, and overall oral health.
Corrective jaw surgery is often performed in conjunction with orthodontic treatment to achieve the best possible results.
The procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia and requires a period of recovery and rehabilitation.
How much does corrective jaw surgery cost in Malaysia?
The cost of corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia can range from RM 20,000 to RM 60,000 (approximately $4,770 to $14,300) or more, depending on the complexity of the procedure, the surgeon’s fees, hospital charges, and other factors.
It is essential to consult with an experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon to get an accurate cost estimate for your specific case.
Is corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia considered cheap or expensive?
The cost of corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia can be considered relatively affordable compared to countries like the United States or the United Kingdom.
However, the term “cheap” or “expensive” can be subjective depending on an individual’s financial situation and perspective.
The actual cost may vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the surgery, the surgeon’s expertise, and the medical facility.
It is important to do thorough research and consult with medical professionals to get a more accurate estimate of the cost for your specific case.
List of corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia
There are several clinics and hospitals in Malaysia where you can undergo corrective jaw surgery. Some well-known options include:
- Beverly Wilshire Dental Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
- Imperial Dental Specialist Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
- Mahkota Medical Centre (Malacca)
- Gleneagles Penang (Penang)
- KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital (Selangor)
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur)
- Prince Court Medical Centre (Kuala Lumpur)
It is important to research and consult with a qualified maxillofacial surgeon to discuss your specific requirements and to choose the most suitable facility for your needs.
Which one is the top corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia?
The best corrective jaw surgery clinic in Malaysia will depend on the individual’s specific needs and preferences.
It is recommended to research and consult with multiple clinics before making a decision.
What to look for if I want to find the best corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia?
1. Experienced Surgeons: Look for a surgeon who has extensive experience in performing corrective jaw surgery. Check their credentials, qualifications, and experience in the field.
2. Reputation: Check the reputation of the clinic or hospital where the surgery will be performed. Look for reviews and testimonials from previous patients.
3. Technology and Facilities: Check if the clinic or hospital has the latest technology and facilities to perform the surgery. This includes advanced imaging equipment, surgical tools, and anesthesia equipment.
4. Cost: Compare the cost of the surgery with other clinics or hospitals. Make sure that the cost includes all the necessary procedures, such as pre-operative tests, anesthesia, and post-operative care.
5. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations. The surgeon should be able to explain the procedure, the risks involved, and the expected outcome.
6. Follow-up Care: Check if the clinic or hospital provides follow-up care after the surgery. This includes regular check-ups, post-operative care, and rehabilitation.
7. Location: Choose a clinic or hospital that is easily accessible and located in a safe and convenient area.
What should I do before deciding corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia
Here are some general steps that you can take before deciding on corrective jaw surgery in Malaysia:
1. Consult with a qualified and experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for corrective jaw surgery.
2. Discuss the risks and benefits of the surgery, as well as the expected outcomes and recovery time.
3. Obtain a second opinion from another oral and maxillofacial surgeon to confirm the diagnosis and treatment plan.
4. Research the surgeon’s credentials, experience, and reputation, as well as the hospital or clinic where the surgery will be performed.
5. Consider the cost of the surgery, including any pre-operative tests, post-operative care, and follow-up appointments.
6. Discuss your concerns and expectations with your surgeon, and make sure you have a clear understanding of the procedure and its potential outcomes.
7. Prepare yourself physically and mentally for the surgery, and follow all pre-operative instructions provided by your surgeon.
8. Arrange for someone to accompany you to the hospital or clinic on the day of the surgery, and to help you during the recovery period.
9. Follow all post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon, including taking any prescribed medications, attending follow-up appointments, and avoiding certain activities or foods.
10. Be patient and allow yourself time to heal and recover fully before resuming normal activities.