You may want to pay the bill but do not know the account number.
Let’s see the easiest way to check SESB bill.
How can I know my SESB account number?
To find your SESB (Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd) account number, you can:
- Check your monthly electricity bill: Your account number should be printed on the bill, usually at the top or in the customer information section.
- Register or log in to the mySESB portal: If you have registered for SESB’s online services, you can log in to the portal and find your account number in your profile or billing information.
- Contact SESB customer service: If you cannot find your account number on your bill or online, you can contact SESB customer service by calling their hotline at 15454 (within Sabah) or +6088-515000 (outside Sabah). You may need to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and phone number, for verification purposes.
How to check SESB bill details?
To check your SESB (Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd) bill details, follow these steps:
- Visit the SESB e-Services website: https://mysesb.com.my/portal/
- Put in your Email Address
- Put in your Password
- Click Sign In
- Your bill details, including the billing period, the amount due, and due date, will be displayed on the screen.
If you do not have an account yet, you can also register for an account on the mySESB portal to view the amount due, the due date, your bill history, make payments, and manage your account.
To do this, click on “Register” on the homepage and follow the instructions to create an account.
Once registered, log in to your account to access your bill details and other services.
What happen if my SESB has an outstanding bill?
In general, if you have an outstanding bill with your SESB, they may take actions such as:
- Sending you reminders and notices to pay the bill.
- Adding late payment fees and interest charges to your bill.
- Disconnecting your electricity supply if the bill remains unpaid for an extended period.
- Taking legal action against you to recover the outstanding amount.
It is important to contact your SESB and make arrangements to pay your outstanding bill as soon as possible to avoid any further consequences.
How can I pay my SESB bill?
Here are some general ways to pay your SESB bill:
- Online payment: You can pay your SESB bill online through the SESB website or mobile app using your credit/debit card or online banking.
- Bank payment: You can pay your SESB bill at any bank that has a partnership with SESB.
- ATM payment: You can pay your SESB bill at any ATM that has a partnership with SESB.
- Over-the-counter payment: You can pay your SESB bill at any SESB office or authorized payment center.
- Auto-debit payment: You can set up an auto-debit payment with your bank to automatically pay your SESB bill every month.
Why is my SESB bill so high?
There are several reasons why your SESB bill may be high, including:
- Increased energy consumption: If you have been using more electricity than usual, your bill will be higher. This could be due to changes in your lifestyle, such as working from home or using more appliances.
- Seasonal changes: Your bill may be higher during certain times of the year, such as during the hot summer months when you use more air conditioning.
- Faulty appliances: If your appliances are not working efficiently, they may be using more energy than necessary, resulting in a higher bill.
- Tariff rates: SESB may have increased their tariff rates, resulting in a higher bill.
- Billing errors: There may be errors in your bill, such as incorrect meter readings or billing mistakes.
If you are concerned about your high SESB bill, it is recommended that you contact SESB directly to discuss your concerns and explore possible solutions.