What is NCD?
In Malaysia, No Claim Discount (NCD) is a reward given to vehicle owners for not making any insurance claims during the policy period.
How to check NCD for car insurance?
To check your NCD for car insurance in Malaysia, you can follow these steps:
- Refer to your previous insurance policy: You can find your NCD entitlement in your previous car insurance policy. It is usually mentioned under the section called No Claim Discount or NCD.
- Contact your insurance company or agent: If you can’t find your NCD in your insurance policy or if you have lost your policy document, you can contact your insurance company or agent. They will be able to provide you with the information you need. You may need to provide them with your policy number, full name, and identification number for verification purposes.
- Check online through ISM services: The Insurance Services Malaysia (ISM) maintains a central database of NCD information for all policyholders in Malaysia. You can check your NCD status through their online platform called MYEG. a. Visit the MYEG website at https://www.myeg.com.my/.
b. Click on the “ISM NCD Enquiry”link under the “Motor Insurance”section.
c. You will be redirected to the ISM NCD Enquiry page. Enter your vehicle registration number and your identification number (NRIC or Passport number).
d. Click the “Submit”button to view your NCD status.
Please note that you may be charged a small fee for using the ISM NCD Enquiry service.
Just so you know, your NCD status may change depending on your insurance claims history.
If you have made a claim during your policy period, your NCD will be reduced or reset to 0%. If you have not made any claims, your NCD will increase according to the scale set by Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM).
The NCD scale ranges from 0% for the first year to a maximum of 55% for five or more claim-free years.
Can I check my NCD online?
Yes, you can usually check your No Claims Discount (NCD) or No Claims Bonus online through your car insurer’s website or mobile app.
You will need to log in to your account with your policy number and personal information. If you cannot find this information online, you can contact your insurer directly to inquire about your NCD.
However, keep in mind that not all insurance providers may offer this feature on their website or app.
How do I find out how much NCD I have?
To find out how much No Claims Discount (NCD) or No Claims Bonus (NCB) you have on your car insurance, you can follow these steps:
- Check your latest car insurance policy documents: Your NCD information is usually mentioned on your car insurance policy schedule, renewal notice, or in your online account if you have one with your insurer.
- Contact your car insurance provider: If you cannot find the information in your documents, you can contact your insurance provider directly. You can either call their customer service helpline, send them an email or use their online chat support if available. Make sure to provide them with your policy number and personal details for verification.
- Check your previous insurer’s documents: If you recently switched car insurance providers, your NCD information might still be with your previous insurer. You can find the details in the renewal notice they sent you, or you can contact them directly.
Remember that NCD is generally expressed as a percentage and represents the number of years you’ve held a car insurance policy without making a claim.
The higher the percentage, the bigger the discount you may be eligible for on your car insurance premium.