What is breast surgery?
Breast surgery is a type of surgical procedure that involves altering the size, shape, or appearance of the breasts.
It can be done for cosmetic reasons, such as breast augmentation or reduction, or for medical reasons, such as breast reconstruction after a mastectomy or to remove cancerous tissue.
There are several types of breast surgery, including breast lift, breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast reconstruction, and breast biopsy. The specific type of surgery depends on the individual’s needs and goals.
How much does breast surgery cost in Malaysia?
The cost of breast surgery in Malaysia varies depending on the type of procedure and the surgeon’s experience and reputation.
On average, breast augmentation surgery can cost between RM 10,000 to RM 20,000, while breast reduction surgery can cost between RM 15,000 to RM 25,000.
Breast lift surgery can cost between RM 12,000 to RM 18,000.
I want to let you know that these prices are estimates and may vary depending on the individual case.
It is recommended to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to get an accurate cost estimate.
Is breast surgery in Malaysia considered cheap or expensive?
Breast surgery in Malaysia can be considered relatively affordable compared to other countries such as the United States or Australia.
The cost of breast surgery in Malaysia may vary depending on the type of procedure, the surgeon’s experience, and the location of the clinic or hospital.
Doing thorough research and consult with a qualified surgeon before undergoing any surgical procedure is always recommended.
List of breast surgery in Malaysia
- Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre – Kuala Lumpur
Address: Level 6, 8 & 9, Kenanga Tower, No. 237 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prince Court Medical Centre
Address: 39, Jalan Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Address: 8, Jalan Bukit Pantai, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
Address: 282 & 286 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sunway Medical Centre
Address: 5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Tropicana Medical Centre
Address: 11, Jalan Teknologi, PJU 5, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Mahkota Medical Centre
Address: 3, Mahkota Melaka, Jalan Merdeka, Taman Costa Mahkota, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia
- KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
Address: 119, Jalan SS 20/10, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Island Hospital
Address: 308, Macalister Road, 10450 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
- Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre – Johor Bahru
Address: Level 3, Menara Landmark, Jalan Ngee Heng, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Please note that it is essential to research and consult with a qualified surgeon before deciding on the right place for your breast surgery.
Which one is the most popular breast procedure in Malaysia?
According to various sources, breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular breast surgeries in Malaysia.
This is because it is a safe and effective way to enhance the size and shape of breasts, and it can also improve self-confidence and body image.
Breast augmentation surgery is a relatively simple procedure that can be performed on an outpatient basis, with minimal downtime and recovery.
However, it is important to note that every individual’s needs and preferences differ, and it is best to consult a qualified plastic surgeon to determine the most appropriate breast surgery for you.
What to look for if I want to find the best breast surgery in Malaysia?
1. Board-certified surgeon: Look for a surgeon who is certified by the Malaysian Medical Council and has specialized training in breast surgery.
2. Experience: Check the surgeon’s experience in performing breast surgeries, including the number of procedures they have performed and their success rate.
3. Reputation: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous patients to gauge the surgeon’s reputation and the quality of their work.
4. Facilities: Ensure that the clinic or hospital where the surgery will be performed has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
5. Safety protocols: Check if the surgeon follows strict safety protocols to minimize the risk of complications during and after the surgery.
6. Cost: Compare the cost of the surgery with other clinics and hospitals to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
7. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your goals, expectations, and any concerns you may have. This will help you determine if the surgeon is the right fit for you.
What should I do before deciding breast surgery in Malaysia
Here are some general steps you can take before deciding on breast surgery in Malaysia:
1. Research: Do your research on the different types of breast surgeries available, the risks and benefits, and the qualifications of the surgeon.
2. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your options and expectations.
3. Medical history: Provide your medical history to the surgeon, including any previous surgeries, medical conditions, and medications you are taking.
4. Cost: Consider the cost of the surgery, including any additional expenses such as travel and accommodation.
5. Recovery: Understand the recovery process and the time required for healing before making a decision.
6. Risks: Be aware of the potential risks and complications associated with breast surgery, such as infection, bleeding, and scarring.
7. Support: Ensure you have a support system in place to help you during the recovery process.
8. Mental health: Consider your mental health and emotional well-being before making a decision, as breast surgery can have a significant impact on your self-esteem and body image.