What is breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess breast tissue, fat, and skin to reduce the size of the breasts.
This procedure is typically performed on women who have large, heavy breasts that cause discomfort, pain, or other physical problems such as back, neck, or shoulder pain, skin irritation, or difficulty exercising.
The surgery involves making incisions around the areola and down the breast, removing excess tissue, and reshaping the breast to create a smaller, more proportionate size.
The procedure can also improve the shape and position of the breasts, and may include repositioning the nipple and areola.
How much does breast reduction surgery cost in Malaysia?
The cost of breast reduction surgery in Malaysia can vary depending on several factors such as the surgeon’s experience, the type of procedure, the location of the clinic, and the extent of the surgery.
On average, the cost of breast reduction surgery in Malaysia ranges from RM 10,000 to RM 20,000.
However, it is important to note that the final cost may vary depending on individual circumstances and additional fees such as anesthesia, hospitalization, and post-operative care.
It is recommended to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to get an accurate estimate of the cost of breast reduction surgery in Malaysia.
Is breast reduction surgery in Malaysia considered cheap or expensive?
Breast reduction surgery in Malaysia can be considered relatively affordable compared to other countries.
The cost of the surgery may vary depending on the surgeon’s experience, the hospital’s facilities, and the patient’s individual needs.
It is recommended to consult with a qualified surgeon and compare prices before making a decision.
Where can I undergo a breast reduction surgery in Malaysia?
You can undergo a breast reduction surgery in Malaysia at various reputable hospitals and clinics that specialize in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Some of the popular options include:
- Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre – Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Prince Court Medical Centre – Kuala Lumpur
- KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital – Petaling Jaya
- Gleneagles Hospital – Kuala Lumpur
- Mahkota Medical Centre – Melaka
Please note that it’s essential to research and consult with a qualified plastic surgeon before deciding on a medical facility for your breast reduction surgery.
Which one is the top hospital for a breast reduction surgery in Malaysia?
We do not have the answer for this question.
The best breast reduction surgery clinic in Malaysia will depend on the individual’s specific needs and preferences.
It is recommended to do thorough research and consult with multiple clinics before making a decision.
What to look for if I want to find the best breast reduction surgery in Malaysia?
1. Board-certified plastic surgeon: Look for a plastic surgeon who is certified by the Malaysian Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons (MAPACS) or the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
2. Experience: Choose a surgeon who has extensive experience in performing breast reduction surgeries. Ask for before and after photos of previous patients to assess their skills.
3. Hospital accreditation: Ensure that the hospital where the surgery will be performed is accredited by the Malaysian Ministry of Health.
4. Technology and equipment: Look for a surgeon who uses the latest technology and equipment to perform the surgery.
5. Patient reviews: Read reviews and testimonials from previous patients to get an idea of their experience with the surgeon and the hospital.
6. Cost: Compare the cost of the surgery with other surgeons in Malaysia to ensure that you are getting a fair price.
7. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your concerns, expectations, and any questions you may have about the surgery.
What should I do before deciding breast reduction surgery in Malaysia
Here are some general steps you can take before deciding on breast reduction surgery in Malaysia:
1. Consult with a qualified plastic surgeon: Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in breast reduction surgery. During the consultation, the surgeon will evaluate your medical history, examine your breasts, and discuss your goals and expectations.
2. Understand the procedure: Learn about the breast reduction procedure, including the risks, benefits, and recovery process. Ask your surgeon to explain the procedure in detail and provide you with before-and-after photos of previous patients.
3. Consider the cost: Breast reduction surgery can be expensive, so it’s important to consider the cost and whether it fits within your budget. You may want to check with your insurance provider to see if they cover the procedure.
4. Prepare for the recovery: Breast reduction surgery requires a recovery period, during which you will need to avoid strenuous activities and wear a special bra. Make sure you understand the recovery process and have a plan in place for taking time off work or other responsibilities.
5. Evaluate your emotional readiness: Breast reduction surgery can have a significant impact on your body image and self-esteem. Make sure you are emotionally prepared for the changes that will occur and have a support system in place to help you through the recovery process.